Tuesday, February 7, 2012

January 30th, Drinks and Dinner - Had a nice night.  Met Gregg and Susane for drinks at the Elk's Club (where you might see The Big Lonesome someday). Then met Berry and Lydia at Carraba's for dinner. It was a table of bass players and their better halves. A good night, we had a lot of laughs.  Let's do it again soon!

January 31st, The Ride - Went for a 3 hour tour with Brady Green. We talked about his ideas for our new NorthStar CD,  "Keepin' It Real".  We had some hot wings, bourbon and beer at The Castaways.  What a time we had!

February 1st, Daryl Wise @The Corner Bar - Theresa and I went down to see Daryl Wise and Friends. What a player and a nice guy! Got up and did "It's a Great Life"(Besley), The Reason (Besley/Irwin) and Poor-Dom (Besley).  Dan Bagan stopped by for a beer and a listen.  Stop by and check Daryl out!

February 2nd, Dave @ The Corner Bar - What a night! Daryl Wise showed up and played a few of his tunes. What a player, singer/songwriter he's the real deal! I would also like to thank Daryl for picking up my banner from Tybee Island.  I left it there last week (Wind Rose Cafe).  Also another great player Rob Peck showed up and played a few songs on the harp. He is such a talent, and has been a good friend for many years! Kruz was under the weather and didn't perform.  Hopefully, he will be better next week!

February 3rd, NorthStar @Eclipse - I did some work on NorthStar's "Keepin' It Real".  Added harmony to "There Stands the Glass". Got the "Been All Around This World" tracks ready for Brady Green. It was a good session.  Things are coming together it's exciting!

February 3rd, Dave @RedFrog and McToads Gub -n- Pub - Had a good crowd!  I was a little overwhelmed the first time I played there (very loud and crowded).  It is a little unnerving for a solo artist like myself. All I did was think back to Wednesday's at Churchill's Attic with Ed (The Seiners now NorthStar) in the late 80's and realized this gig is mild compared to that. And somehow it got better. I had fun!

February 4th, Dave @ Sea Jay's - It was a nice drive, had a chance to think about things I have to do. It was a laid back gig.  One I needed after the night before. I like this room it can be magic at times!

February 5th, Dave @Outback Crab Shack - I was afraid of the weather, but it turned out to be a nice day! This has always been one of my favorite places to eat. So I was excited about the idea of playing here every now and then.  Met Ms. Martha, what a nice lady!  Brady Green showed up with his brother Bruce. I would like to thank everyone else who showed up. This is a great place!

February 5th, Bruce and Renee's - Theresa, Brianna and I were invited to Bruce and Ranee's for a Super Bowl Party. What a set up Julie's little poppers, Ranee's Ribs, Jim's Rum Cake, A Big Screen TV, the rest of the gang and a beer.  I was in heaven! Thanks you guys!

This has been a good week. Had a chance to spend some time with my friends. Music is important to me, but without family and friends there would be no reason to do it! Thanks for letting me live my dream! "Keepin' it Real!" -David

see you down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment