Tuesday, February 21, 2012

February 13th, NorthStar w/ Brady Green and Friends at Zaharias - It was cold.  I had to cancel my solo gig at Zaharias the day before. Talked with the rest of the band and Angelica and decided we would go for it no matter what!  I'm so glad we did! We had the Greek god Derek Hess on drums and even had Jack Web play the bag pipes on a John Prine tune we all recorded together over 20 years ago! Thanks for supporting this event! We will be back March 19th.  There is no telling who will be there. Stop by and check it out!

February 14th, Dave at Harry's - This place is growing on me. Had a nice crowd. Met some new folks. It was good Valentine's Day! Thanks Rob!

February 15th, Jim's Place (Elkton) - Got together and had lunch with Brady Green. We talked through some of the parts Brady will be singing and playing on "Keepin' It Real" our next NorthStar release. By the way, the food is great there.

February 15th - The Corner Bar
Went by to see my friend Daryll Wise. Kruz got up and played a few also a new old face in town Clyde Walker got up and had a nice jam with Daryll. I was a little under the weather so I didn't perform. It was good to listen though I enjoyed it!

February 16th, Dave at The Corner Bar - There was a little confusion and I didn't play tonight. There was a semi private party and the band (Old Enough To Know) performed at the function. It was just easier to let them play out the evening than try to make 2 set changes in 3 hours. We tried to get the message out but stayed around to apologize to our friends that did not receive it.  My heart was warmed by the # of people that were there on my behalf. Thanks and sorry for the confusion.

February 17th, Eclipse - I cleaned up a the live tracks from The Big Lonesome show we did at the Amphitheater.

February 17th, NorthStar at Latitude 31 - Yet another private party we found out about at the last minute. And another gig some of our friends showed up at. We had Randy and Danny from VA and Bruce and Renee from Saint Augustine show up. We had a chance to hang a little but once again we apologize for the confusion! It was good to play with brother Ed!

February 18th, NorthStar at Red frog and Mc Toads - What a night! Had a great crowd, played some good music, ate some good wings! This was a fun gig! Good job McToads!

February 19th, Dave at Oasis - It was Theresa's 50th surprise birthday party!!!!! A bunch of folks showed up and we really surprised her! Good job Brianna! Thanks everyone for showing up! Gregg stopped in sporting his 18 pound weight loss! Congratulations!

This has been a busy but good week! I am ready for a day or 2 off. It's going to be good to play golf with Randy, Danny and Frankie. It's been a long time! Hopefully we will get some more done on the "Keepin' It Real" CD. Thanks for letting me live my dream! "Keepin' It Real!"    -David

see your down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment