Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Monday, 3/28 - Had a great Hacker's show (4hrs).  Everyone played their hearts out.  We had Wayne Johnston (The Big Lonesome) join us.  He kicked butt.  We'd like to remind everyone that our next Hacker's gig is April 18th (a week earlier than usual).  Sorry for the inconvenience.  We'll be back on track in May.

Wednesday, 3/30 - "JUST DAVE" @ The World Famous Oasis, This is a tough solo or duo gig.  The 44 TV's and the ambient sounds try to take away from the intimacy of an acoustic show.  I miss everyone at The World Famous Oasis and to my disbelief the shows (single or duo) have been going pretty good.  It just goes to show you, right when you think you know everything, you learn something new.  Thanks Splash and crew you guys were great!

Thursday, 3/31 - Eclipse - We're mixing now "Hopeless Romantic" a couple of guitar parts I have to put on, and background vocals.  I think I  am close or will be close to a year since my last release.  That was the plan.

PM - "JUST DAVE" @ The Corner Bar - Had fun!  Kruz sounded good.  The place is coming around. Thanks Mike and crew, you are doing a great job!

Friday, 4/1 - "JUST DAVE" @ Seajay's, Jekyll Island, GA - Set up outside on the deck.  It's always fun coming back to the island.  Made some new friends, had a blast!  Thanks Tommy and crew!

Saturday, 4/2 - "JUST DAVE" @ Latitude 31, Jekyll Island, GA - An afternoon gig 12-3pm.  The place was packed.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I had stopped down to hear the Wharfratz after my gig at Seajay's last night.  It was slammed then too!  The Ratz sounded real good.  It's great to see a band having fun.  That's what it's all about!  Thanks Teresa and crew!

Saturday, 4/2 - "JUST DAVE" @ SeaJay's - Another great night.  I was inside.  It was the first place vacant when I came to set up.  I was dog tired, but the crowd brought me around.  This has been a great weekend.  I introduced my music to a lot of new folks.  Once again. a great job Tommy and staff.  Also thanks Mike (Coast Guard for closing the show),  Good job!

I'll be booking my flight to Rhode Island this week.  I'm a featured writer at a show there.  Thanks Marc, you're the man!  The Big Lonesome is going to be headed up the trail to Virginia this month.  Don't forget about Finnegan's Wake, April 13th, 8-11pm.  Just another reminder that the Hacker's will be a week early this month, April 18th, 6pm at Hurricane Patty's. I will remind the rest of the guys to get the word out.  I'm doing a gig with Ed (NorthStar) at The Oasis this week.  I can't wait, we've been crossing paths on the road, but haven't had a chance to play together.  Thanks for letting me live my dream!  Keepin' It Real - David

see you down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment