Wednesday, December 23, 2020

 November 30th, Retrophonics Studios -We got a good mix on "Telephone Lightning", a song George, Sue and I wrote. Also loaded the last 5 tracks for The Big Lonesome project.

December 1st, OFF - It's cold!

December 2nd, Carpetbaggers DAVE and Sue at Hurricane Grill and Wings - It was cold so we were inside the tent area. We had a nice crowd, this is our last gig this week in town. We leave for Virginia tomorrow. See you guys next week!

December 3rd, Travel Day - Theresa and I picked up Frankie and Mary, then we headed for Fayetteville, NC where will will stayed the night.

December 4th, Carpetbaggers DAVE, Frankie and Ed at Coles Point Tavern  - We arrived at the Tavern around noon, setup and had a chance to rest before playing. Ed and Kristen arrived sometime in the afternoon also. We  did a sound check and started about 6pm.

December 5th, Carpetbaggers DAVE, Ed and Frankie at Coles Point Tavern - We had a great time last night on the Rivah! It's always good to play and sing with Ed and Frankie. We were worried about Cecil not showing up. Tonight is Joel's birthday party he's 60!  It's really nice to play at the Tavern for all our Virginia friends. Now all of us are really worried that Cecil did not make Joel's party tonight. Ed, Kristen, Theresa and I hung out for awhile after the gig 

December 6th, Carpetbaggers DAVE, Ed and Frankie - Coles Point Tavern - We got the news from lawyer Ed that Cecil had passed away at home in North Carolina we are not sure when but I know it had to be Thursday December 3rd because he would have been on his way to see us play. I'm so sad but when I talked to him on Wednesday he said "bud I'm happy" I think he was. I'll miss my friend. We had a good show but everyone was sad about Cecil.

December 7th, Travel Day - We left after the gig around 6pm and arrived in Fayetteville NC about 11:30pm. It was good seeing my Dad and Margie. Thanks Chris and Ann, Mike and Stacy, Acie and Randy and all the other great folks at the Tavern! We arrived home about 2 p.m. it was a long ride but a great trip. See you guys in May!

Looking forward to our show at The Classic Car Museum of St. Augustine! Thanks for letting me live my dream!

 Keepin' It Real1 -David

see you down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
check out my upcoming performances here:
http://davidwattbesley.blogspot.com/p/schedule_31.html


No comments:

Post a Comment