Wednesday, October 9, 2019

August 5th, DAVE at JT's Seafood Shack - It was hot as hell and threatening rain but I still set up to play. I cut out early after the last few people. It's been a good run and I hope to be back next season on this, my first Monday of the month gig. I might show up here and there for special weekends. Thanks John, Brandy and staff you guys are the best!

August 6th, Retrophonics Studio - We worked on some mixing,  Frankie will be in the next couple of weeks for background vocals and some shaker parts. After that one more trip in for Sue Westcott and we should be finished!

August 7th, DAVE and Sue at Hurricane Grill Wings - We had a great evening. The rain held off. We played a new song, it's an instrumental that George and I wrote called "Dust Them Blinds". I can't wait for George to get down here so we can record it! Great job playing tonight Sue Westcott!

August 8th, Carpetbaggers at the Corner Bar - There was a nice crowd, played some good music. I'm looking forward to next week!

August 9th, 10th and 11th, DAVE at Big Deck - I was in Cedar Key this weekend and it was hot!!!! Somehow the audience and I made it through. I had some nice crowds in spite of the heat. Always good to see Pete and Pat. Thanks Darlene, Bryan and staff! You guys are the best! See you in October!

August 12th - I"m OFF

August 13th, Cave Canem Studios - Started going over a game plan to kick start our project "All My Heroes Were Zeros". After going trough all our notes we have 9 songs, 7 started, that means I need one more tune. If I don't have one sitting around ready I'll have to write one. It was good to catch up with Barry. Looking forward to this next adventure!

August 14th, DAVE and Sue at Hurricane Grille and Wings - Another hot evening but I guess we're in Florida. We had a nice crowd. Tammy got up and played some violin on "She'll Be Coming Round The Mountain". See you next Wednesday.

August 15th, IAUGI Studios - Dan and I worked on an idea for the "Don't Stare at The Sun" CD. We should have another video coming out soon "Midnight Blue" from my "Live And A Little Touched" CD/DVD project.

August 15th, Carpetbaggers at Corner Bar - What a great night! Frankie was a little under the weather and thought he might not be able to make it, he called while I was setting up and said there was no way he would miss the night. Frankie, Tony and Sue all kicked butt, I'm a lucky guy! Also Pam sat in on a couple (The Skinny). We'll see you next week Tony has another engagement so we will have Brady Green join us for the evening, can't wait!

August 16th, DAVE and Sue at Tides Oyster Co and Grill  - I realized after getting together with Barry on Tuesday that we needed at least one more song for our new CD "All My Heroes Were Zero's". I was working on a new tune and started thinking about a song I wrote a long time ago I always wanted to record. I found it and another song I forgot that Chris McVey and I wrote. So, I now have two more songs for our project "The Less Fortunate Ones" and "I'm So Gone". I also had a sad moment because on that same CD was a song Shelton Irwin and I wrote called "The Reason".  It was Shelton and I singing together many years ago, I loved writing with him. I wish he was still here. Later I met up with Sue for our gig. Tony Scozzaro and his wife stopped by.  We had a great night Sue is the best. We will be back on the 3rd Friday of November,  see you there!

August 17th, DAVE, Frankie and Sue at Zaharias - The rain held off and we had a great night. It's so much fun playing with these two great musicians. We sent George a version of our new song "Dust Them Blinds" that George and I wrote with Sue. Thanks Angelika and staff you guys are the best! See you on the 28th!

August 18th, DAVE at Aunt Kate's - I just started and it began to rain. I re-set up inside and finished the gig.  See you guys at the beginning of the month for three days; Sept 6th, 7th and 8th, can't wait!

It was nice to get together with Barry and make some plans and go through the music for our project "All My Heroes Weren't Zero's". I also got together with Dan at IAUGI Studios and worked on the cover idea for "Don't Stare At The Sun" the CD George and I have been working on. It's songs we wrote performed by various members of the Carpetbaggers. I'm really excited about it.  Thanks for letting me live my dream! Stop texting, start talking! Don't liter! Smile it could brighten someone's day, even your own! Think and talk about the good things people do, there's enough talk about the bad to go around! Keepin' It Real! -David

see you down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
check out my upcoming performances here:
http://davidwattbesley.blogspot.com/p/schedule_31.html

No comments:

Post a Comment