Wednesday, June 6, 2018

May 17th, DAVE at the Corner Bar - Frankie and Brady joined me tonight.We all had a great time as usual.

May 18th - OFF
Stopped by The End Zone and dropped off money for a Banner Thomas T-shirt. I had a chance to chat with Dewey, Tara and the Moses Creek Band.

May 19th, DAVE at Zaharias - Brady Green joined me tonight. Zaharias was where they were having Fedex Jack's retirement party this night. It was good to see everyone. Congratulations Jack! Thanks Angelika and staff, I always enjoy working for you. See you June 16th!

May 20th, DAVE at Aunt Kate's - Nasty day but played for a couple hours inside.

May 21st, Songwriters Night - We had The Skinny and Joe Mark with Bob and I. We had a nice crowd and heard some good music. Thanks for supporting original music in St. Augustine! Thanks for the pictures Dee Dee!

May 22nd - OFF

May 23rd, Travel Day - We left St. Augustine after Theresa got off of work. We made it to Roanoke Rapids where we spent the night. We had dinner at Logan's. So far the trip has gone well.

May 24th,  Travel Day, Coles Point Tavern - We left Roanoke Rapids about 7 am and arrived at Coles Point about 10 am.  We met Ann and Chris to set up for my evening gig.  It went well, Randy Watts let me use a couple of powered JBL Speakers, I brought the rest of the gear. After I had a sound check, Theresa headed on to Northrn Virginia to spend time with her family. I took a nap. I ate some of Chris's chilli and had a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner. The night was good, I had a  nice crowd.

May 25th, DAVE at Coles Point Tavern - I did my regular morning walk. I went to the gig about 6pm, the place was packed. I had one of Chris's crab cake sandwiches. It was the best. Cecil stopped by.

May 26th, DAVE at Cole Point Tavern - Another nice morning walk. Randy picked me up around 4pm and we went to the Rowsee's for a cook out. Man, the Chicken and Ribs were great! Also the stuffed peppers wrapped in bacon. The Tavern was packed, had a blast!

May 27th, DAVE at Coles Point Tavern - Again, another nice morning walk. I had breakfast with Randy at Tim's Rivershore. Theresa came back up in the afternoon. Richard rousted her some crabs. It was a nice evening, Cecil and Ed showed up, also Joel.

May 28th, DAVE at Coles Point Tavern (Last Day) - Morning walk was great. A lot of my family showed up today Dad and Margie, Rick and Sue, Polly and Bob and Joy. Also Cecil and Ed. I had a nice afternoon. Ann, Chris, Cecil, Ed, Theresa and I went over to Tim's after I packed out for a couple cocktails to end the  Memorial DAy weekend and the end of our short working vacation.

May 29th, Travel Day - We left for home about 4am arrived about 4pm. It was a long drive, but nice as it could be. It's good to be home!

May 30th, DAVE at Hurricane Grill and Wings - Cancelled due to rain! And it never rained go figure.

May 31st, DAVE at Corner Bar - Frankie was under the weather so Brady and I carried on without him. It was a little slow but still had a good time. See you next week hopefully with a full roster.

June 1st, 2nd and 3rd, DAVE at Aunt Kate's - Friday set up inside because it was calling for rain all night, never rained. Most folks were outside but I still had a few check the music out. Saturday afternoon was a lot of fun, playing out on the porch by the water.  It doesn't get much better. Later it rained like hell! Sunday turned out to be a nice gig, the weather held. It got a little hot though. Later it rained like hell! I missed Jake's set on Friday. I think he was down in the Keys.

What a wonderful couple weeks. I was feeling a little under the weather the whole time but seem to be on the mend. It was nice to be home for a while to get some things done around the house. I'm looking forward to working for my friends in Cedar Key this coming weekend. Hopefully I'll get some things done on some of my musical projects this coming week. Thanks for letting me live my dream! Stop texting, start talking! Don't liter! Smile it could brighten someones day, even your own! Early detection can save your life! Keepin' It Real! -David

see you down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment