Saturday, June 30, 2018


June 19th, DAVE at the Chianti Room - Another nice afternoon out on the porch. It seems like parking is getting harder each day downtown. At least I only play there a couple times a month. See you July 3rd!

June 20th, Travel Day - Theresa and I are headed up to George and Deborah's to relax and play a little music. The trip up was okay until we went off the road a bit to try out the new IHOB Burgers. The burgers weren't bad but the time we took getting to the place put us in a bad traffic jam on I26 when we got back on the interstate. With a quick call to George and a move to I20, that added a couple hours onto the trip, including the burger stop, we finally pulled into to George and Deborahs about 11pm (almost 12 hours).

June 21st, DAVE and George at Cork and Barrel - After a good night sleep and a good breakfast,  George and I went into the studio to work on a couple songs of ours, old and new. We ran through "Sweet Rose Of Mine", "The Ink Has Dried" and a new song I started to write with Chuck Caudill "Do I Ever Cross Your Mind". Also a melody George had in his head (yet un-named).  Then after a great lunch and nap we headed down to Cashiers to the Cork and Barrel for their 7th Anniversary Party. We had a blast! Thanks Dick and staff, see you in October!

June 22nd, DAVE and George at The Lazy Hiker - Early in the day, George and I got together and added a new intro to "The Ink Has Dried" and I taped a lead part George is going to work out a harmony to. I also had an idea on some lyrics for George's new tune (yet un-named), I think he liked the ideas, we will see. We also worked out a lead section on our song with Chuck "Do I Ever Cross Your Mind". A new place for us in Franklin, The Lazy Hiker! Everyone was real nice. Kim and Patrick treated us real good. We met some of the local songwriters and a lot of locals. Also we were visited by Dennis Hammond and Debi James. I'm looking forward to playing this venue again.


June 23rd, Songwriters at JJ's - After coffee and our morning chat. George and I headed up to the studio to continue working on our music, Then headed down the Mountain to Glenville and one of my favorite places JJ's. We had Isaiah Breedlove and Dave Stewart with us tonight for our writers event. We had a decent crowd but more than that we had the chance to sit with two very good songwriters. Dave played some nice guitar and has writen some real good music. He runs a writers night in Franklin, maybe George and I can do sometime. Isaiah Breedlove was somewhat younger than the rest of us but had some very special songs. I was really impressed. I am so lucky to be able to share the stage with so many songwriters around this country. George did a great job as always and it was fun to play our new tune "Do I Ever Cross Your Mind", Besley/Caudill/Reeves. It was good to see our Cedar Key friends from Sylva by way of Gainesville, FL. Thanks Joel and staff hope to see you in October!

June 24th, We had a pretty uneventful and safe trip back. I unloaded the car, draged the luggage in and repacked the truck. Man, it's good to be back home, made it in 9 hours with a stop.

We had a great road trip! It's always good to hang out with our friends Deborah and George. It's also nice to play some music for these great folks in this part of the country. We always seem to get some new music out of these trips. I look forward to that. I have a pretty easy week playing wise in St. Augustine this week. Look forward to catching up with everyone. Thanks for letting me live my dream! Stop texting, start talking! Don't liter! Smile it could brighten someones day, even your own! Early detection can save your life! Keepin' It Real!!!!!!!-David

see you down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment