Sunday, September 11, 2011

Monday, August 29th, The Hacker's at Hurricane Patty's - Great night! When we play music it's fun!  Some of the other things that go on make it a little tough for me (the "goofing" around).  Chris said it himself when trying to listen to Dan's recording from the night.  He said "Man, I wish we would just play the song, too much goofing off".  I agree whole heartedly, and wish it could be different.  Although, I can put up with it and still enjoy it once a month.  Thanks everyone for coming out!  And thanks to the great staff at Hurricane Patty's!  See you next month.

Tuesday, August 30th, Dave @ The World Famous Oasis - Splash had a cancellation and asked me if I could cover it for him.  A little slow, but had a good time.  Thanks to those who showed up.

Wednesday, August 31st, NorthStar @ Zachry's - It was a slow Wednesday, but had fun with Ed.  This is a great gig.  I can't wait for it to pick-up.  Thanks Barbara, DJ and staff!

Thursday, September 1st, Dave @ The Corner Bar - What a great send off.  It was me, Kruz and Trudy for the better part of an hour.  Then the place got real crowed.  It was a blast!  Thanks Nick and staff!

Friday, September 2nd, The Big Lonesome @ The Dockside - My good friend Cecil showed up along with many others.  The Big Lonesome began the show and Mr. Natural closed it out.  We all played well and the owner wants us back!  NorthStar, The Big Lonesome and Mr. Natural!  Thanks Randy!!!

Saturday & Sunday, September 3rd and 4th, The Big Lonesome Show @ Coles Point Tavern - There's not many places like the Northern Neck of Virginia around.  Over the years we've met so many special people, Scott and Carla being two of them.  Thanks for taking such good care of us.  I can't wait to get back.  I had a blast playing with everyone. Thanks Randy for the great cookout at the house on Saturday (Steaks, lobster tails, and all the fixins and especially the crabs for Theresa).  Sunday Jason and Joy put out a spread for us at their place twice in one day (Steaks, Chicken, Hotdogs and too many other things to mention, but the most important were the "bbq ribs" for you know who)!  Thanks Jason and Joy!  Thanks Randy Watts, it would not be possible without you.

Sunday, September 5th, The Big Lonesome Show @ AC's - I am wore out!  But to get together with this bunch one more time, I wouldn't miss it.  It was a nice day.  Lots of people, a lot of fun!  And the "S-P-R-E-A-D" that Chris put out for us after the show cannot go without mentioning.  It was unbelievable!  Thanks Chris and staff!  And once again, (even though he did not make it) Thanks Randy for everything!

Monday, September 6th, The ride home went good.  Jay "you da man".

I'm having so much fun this year!  I'm writing a lot and hanging out with a great bunch of people!  Thanks all of you for letting me live my dream!!!

DON'T FORGET:  NorthStar at Zaharias, Monday September 19th, 6-9pm and The Big Lonesome tomorrow night (Monday, September 12th) 6pm @ Hurricane Patty's

Keepin' It Real - David

see you down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment