Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday 2/21 - It was a full Big Lonesome rehearsal.  The whole gang was there along with Chuck and Roboat.  We had a great practice.  We would like to thank the great folks at Survival Straps for making us survival bracelets Check them out. Kruz has come up with a song called The Big Lonesome. I picked up the idea today.

Tuesday 2/22 - Worked on The Big Lonesome song a little today.

Wednesday 2/23 - In the studio to add a violin part on"Goodbye Danny". Now it's time to start mixing.

Thursday 2/24, "JUST DAVE" @ The Corner Bar - I'm knocked out by how many people showed up to support original music.  I would like to thank Kruz, Sharon Dunaway, Wayne Johnston, Gregg Chirico and my old friend Marc Douglas Berardo (scroll down for photos).  You guys made this a very special night. I am sorry I'm going to miss Marc in April (The Big Lonesome will be in Virginia). But we're in talks about going up Marc's way in June. Thanks again everybody I had a great time!





















Friday 2/25 - Headed to the Fox Theater in Atlanta with Theresa to see John Prine and possibly meet him.  The trip was great.  Atlanta is easy to get in and out of.  The last time I was at the Fox Theater was for the release of "Freebird" the movie.  It is a beautiful place.  After having dinner at the Hard Rock with the Nicks Brothers (Jim and Jack), we took a stroll down Peachtree St.  It was quite a walk but what a cool city.  After arriving at the Fox, we found out that the opening act was "The Old Crow Medicine Show".  These guys were great.  They did two songs NorthStar and Just Dave will be learning "Tell It To Me" and "The Wheel".  John Prine was great although the meeting never took place.  I would like to thank Sharon Holland and family for taking care of us.  We had a great time and really appreciate all the effort.  Maybe next time.

Saturday, 2/26 "Just Dave" SeaJay's, Jekyll Island - What a great gig!  I am so lucky to get a chance to do these great gigs.  Thanks Ed.  Also thanks to Tommy and staff, you were great as usual and sorry for playing over.  I was having so much fun I lost track of time.  Looking forward to my next trip your way.

Sunday, 2/27 "Just Dave" Finnegan's Wake - I was worried coming to this gig.  Last week was slow so I told Theresa if there was a few people at the bar and a couple of tables I would be stoked.  Well it was a lot more than that!  There was a good crowd.  I had a great time. Thanks to the great staff at Finnegan's Wake.

Had a great week. I am blessed to have so many good people around me and so many good people that come out to see me.  I've written several new songs and have a bunch of new ideas lately.  It's all because of the support and encouragement I get from my friends and folks that come to see me.  Thanks to you all from the bottom of my heart.  Keepin' It Real -David

see you down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment