Tuesday, November 29, 2022

November 21st, Retrophonics Studio - Jim and I laid down a new tune "The Looking Glass". I am now working on a new tune "The Giver and Taker" it was a lick George Reeves played while we were fooling around with "Change The World" in his studio in Cashiers, North Carolina. I'm pretty sure that's where it was. Anyway I'm excited to be working on another new tune. We also reworked "My Bird" for The Big Lonesome Rides Again CD. Jim DeVito is an amazing engineer and producer, I was disappointed when I didn't receive all the tracks from the original recording. Thank goodness for Kurt Johnston's two track mix and Jim DeVito's brilliance in combining the two, it made me smile today. A happy ending to this nightmare. I will be so happy to finish this project and release it. Next week I hope to get Frankie in to put drum tracks on "Rocket" a song Barry Dunaway and I pieced together at his studio Cave Canem.  Now those were some great memories!

November 22nd, I had a night off - Theresa and I had a fun evening with Wayne and Sue at Best Bet. I think they did pretty good, we did not. Good Sushi, drinks and just fun to hang out, it was a hoot.

November 23rd, Carpetbaggers at DAVE, Sue, Tony and Frankie at Hurricane Grill and Wings - It was a misty chilly night but what a crowd! Steve Spurrier was even in the crowd! 

November 24th, Happy Thanksgiving!

November 25th, DAVE at Aunt Kate's - It was a dreary day but I got the gig in. It sprinkled a couple of times but not enough to stop me. Great day, great folks to work for, great people who came out to sit on the porch by the water and listen to my music my while they are dining.

November 26th, Carpetbaggers DAVE, Sue, Tony and Frankie) St Augustine Fish House - We had a great night! A lot of our friends showed up. It was a blast! See you back here January 27th!

November 27th, DAVE at Aunt Kate's - It was kind of a dreary day but had some folks out on the porch by the water. Thanks Brian, Dave, Tina and staff you guys are the best!!!

I'm looking forward to getting in the studio with Frankie and putting drum tracks on "Rocket". Also finished a new tune can't wait to lay it down "The Taker and Giver". I'm working on a new one now "The Promises Broken". I had a zoom meeting last night with The North Star Band guys and we are going to get together at the end of January to start on our 4th project, I'm excited. Thanks for letting me live my dream! Keepin' It Real! -David

see you down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
check out my upcoming performances here:
http://davidwattbesley.blogspot.com/p/schedule_31.html

Carpetbaggers Band

The North Star Band 

No comments:

Post a Comment