Thursday, May 12, 2022

 May 2nd, Travel Day - Theresa, Braylen and I are headed north to Virginia. We left early in the morning and arrived about 7:30pm. It was a long day on the road.

May 3rd - It was a day for me to relaxed and practice. I did the morning walk around the lake in Burke with Margie, Theresa and Braylen.

May 4th, Rehearsal Day 1 -  The first day of rehearsal went good, we played for about 4 hours then took a dinner break. We got back to it for about an hour after that and called it a day. Musically we're not to far off but vocally Lou, Al and I are not in the best shape. We are going to depend a lot on Jim for the high harmonies.

May 5th - Rehearsal Day 2 - About the same as yesterday, we played about 4 hours took a break then about an hour and a half later we rapped it up.

May 6th, The Birchmere, Sound check at 2pm -  Everyone was real excited including me. After the sound check I just hung around in the dressing room running over in my mind what my parts were and praying my voice would hold up. About a half hour before the show I looked out to see if Theresa and my family had made it to their table, the place was packed. I couldn't believe it. The show went great and there is talk of another album and future shows. I couldn't be more excited. Theresa, Braylen and I hit the road right after the show. I had to get back for the Gamble Festival on Sunday.

The North Star Band on stage at The Birchmere, Alexandria VA performing "Goose Creek" 
Jay Jessup, Gantt Kushner, Al Johnson, Paul Goldstein (on drums), Jim Robeson,
Dave Besley, and Lou Hager


May 7th, Travel Day - We arrived home about 7:00pm, it was a long ride.

May 8th, Gamble Rogers Festival - The Carpetbaggers closed the show. It was great to be back with my bandmates, we played well.

It's going to be a busy week. Hope to get some work done in the studio. Thanks for letting me live my dream!!! Keepin' It Real! -David

see you down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
check out my upcoming performances here:
http://davidwattbesley.blogspot.com/p/schedule_31.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment