Wednesday, March 13, 2019

February 18th, Retrophonics Studio - Sue cut multiple tracks on "Change The World" and "Don't Stare At The Sun", great job! Jim, George, Brady and I were there listening. I will be cutting bass tracks on "Secondary Dominance", "This Prison We Once Called Home" and "Do I Ever Cross Your Mind".

February 18th, Songwriters Night at the Corner Bar - What a great night! I had some trouble with my guitar but everyone just kept the party going. Mark and David are a couple special and talented dudes! As always my friend Bob did a great job! Don Oja Dunaway was in the audience along with Laurence Stevenson, Bill Mullen, Uncle Ed, Robin and Dr. Bill. Thanks everyone for supporting our original music each month!

February 19th - We met George and Deborah at O'Steen's for a late lunch.

February 20th, DAVED at Hurricane Grill and Wings - It was me, George and Laurence again on this night. There was a threat of rain so we set up in the tent area. We had a nice crowd. We played our new song "Al and Francine".

February 21st, IAUGI Studios - Dan  and I worked to figure out the video we are making for a Songwriters gig in Georgia. Later we tried the shoot at The Corner Bar with little sucess on the audio, the video was fine. We will try again on Saturday with a new idea.

February 21st, Carpetbaggers at the Corner Bar - Laurence, Brady, George, Bill, Frankie  and I on the stage tonight! What a crowd and what a band! I'm a lucky guy!

February 22nd, DAVE at Aunt Kate's - I had a nice afternoon out on the deck by the water. Doesn't get much better that this.

February 23rd, Carpetbaggers at Creekside - I showed up at 12 pm to set up the gear for the night. George showed up with his recorder and Dan from IAUGI Studios with his video equipment. After Sue arrived and everyone got set up we made a sucessful video to send to the event for reveiw. The night went great, how can it not go good with these great players. Thanks Creekside!

Looking forward to another great week of music and studio this week. It's nice to have a couple days off but I'm sure I will be ready to roll after the short break is over. Thanks for letting me live my dream! Stop texting, start talking! Don't liter! Smile it could brighten someones day, even your own! Early detection can save your life! Keepin' It Real!!-David


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
February 24th, Theresa's Birthday Dinner - We went to our favorite sushi place, Corner Sushi with Brianna and Braylen for the birthday dinner.

February 25th, Retrophopnics Studio - I was on my own today, George was out of town. Jim and I worked on bass parts for "This Prison We Once Called Home", "Do I Ever Cross Your Mind" and "Secondary Dominance". We had a good time and completed what we planned on recording. I can't wait until next week, we are going to put together a rough mix and see where we stand. Later I went out with the family to the Metro Diner or dinner.

February 26th - Theresa and I went out to dinner again, 3 days in a row.  We never eat out this much and three days in a row, it's a first unless we are on the road. We had plans with Mike and Joyce Howard for dinner at The Back 40, it's getting to be nice habit.

February 27th, DAVE at Hurricane Grill and Wings - It rained a bit but what a great evening! A nice crowd and it wasn't to cold.  We performed the a new tune George and I wrote "Al and Francine". Looking forward to next week, stop on by!

February 28th, IAUGI Studios - Dan and I worked on the videos of two songs "Don't Stare At The Sun" and "Change The World". We recorded them at Creekside last week for promotional material for a songwriters event in Dalton, Ga. this summer. Also getting some work done on "Some Can Never Say Goodbye", my new video.

February 28th, Carpetbaggers at the Corner Bar - We will start tapeing for our new "Live Carpetbaggers" CD. I had Laurence, Frankie, George and Bill with me tonight. Brady is taking a break for a bit, I hope, we missed him. Thanks everyone for supporting The Carpetbaggers music!

March 1st, 2nd and 3rd, DAVE at unt Kate's - Friday I was inside because of the weather.  I had a nice crowd anyway. Saturday there was a fishing tournament, the 5th Annual Bob Conroy Charity Tournament. I was able to get in the gig though it sprikled off and on. Sunday turned out to be a nice day, I had Bill Mullen sit in with me, he sounded great as always. Thanks for a great weekend Aunt Kate's! See you March 17th!

I'm looking forward to being at Retrophonics studio working with George and Jim on our new project "Don't Stare At the Sun" or "Change The World". I hope to be with Dan Bagan also working on our "Live and A Little Touched" project. I think we are finishing up "Some Can Never Say Goodbye". Thanks for letting me live my dream! Stop texting, start talking! Don't liter! Smile it could brighten someones day, even your own! Early detection can save your life! Keepin' it Real!!-David

check out my upcoming performances here:
http://davidwattbesley.blogspot.com/p/schedule_31.html

No comments:

Post a Comment