Friday, March 2, 2018

February 6th, DAVE at Chianti Room - A nice afternoon on the porch. The weather was fine and I had a nice crowd to play to. See you guys in a couple of weeks (February 20th).

February 7th, DAVE at Hurricane Grill and Wings - Finally we were outside. This has been a bad winter as far as the weather is concerned. It was nice to be out on the sidewalk. Laurence sounded great as usual.

February 8th, DAVE at Corner Bar - The whole gang was here, Frankie, George, Laurence, Brady and I and what a time it was. The place was off the charts again.

February 9th, 10th and 11th, DAVE at The Big Deck Raw Bar and Grille - I had a great weekend. I saw Kerry Gordon, TJ Brown and Bryce Carlisle and some players from this area. Also Pete (another great player) and Pat (takes drunk pictures) along with a host of others there. It is always a good time to be had in Cedar Key. Thanks Bryan, Darlene and staff! See you on March 9th, 10th and 11th.

February 13th, Cave Canem Studios - I hung out with my friend Barry and we got some work done on our new effort. We worked on "Ain't Life Grand" and added violin tracks that Laurence gave us on a zip drive to "Took Off Like A Rocket". I will be back Saturday can't wait!

February 14th, DAVE at Hurricane Grill and Wings - Laurence was taking Barbara out so George Reeves said he would sit in with me tonight. It was a little cold so we set up in the tent. We had a nice crowd and made some new friends. George sounded great and we finally did Deborah's request. Laurence also stopped by for a minute and dropped off a 5 tune rough mix of our "Live @ The Corner Bar". I listened to it on my way home.

February 15th, DAVE at Corner Bar - The whole gang was here, George, Brady, Laurence and Frankie. Our friend and bass player for .38 Special, Barry Dunaway stopped by with Lydia and some friends. Thanks to all our regular folks we would not be here without you! I'm looking forward to next week! Come check it out if you haven't been here before!

February 16th, DAVE at Tides Oyster Co. - First time in this place. I played many years ago when it was Passport Joe's and once when it was Dunes Cracker. Felicia was really nice, the crowd was great, this is a nice new spot to play at. Looking forward to my next appearance here March 24th (5pm to 8pm).

February 17th, DAVE at Zaharia's -  Frankie Urzetta joined me tonight. What a nice crowd to play for. Angelica and staff ware always the best. The weather was perfect and as always it was a pleasure playing with Frankie.

February 18th, DAVE at Creekside - George Reeves played with me tonight. It turned out to be a nice night weather wise.  It's been awhile for that. I had a blast playing with George. Thanks for a wonderful evening Creekside.  See you March 12th with NorthStar!

It's been a busy week, not feeling that well. Pollen is on everything. Even feeling bad, it's hard not to have a good time when you're playing with such great players and at such wonderful venues. Thanks for letting me live my dream! Stop texting, start talking! Don't liter! Smile it could brighten someones day, even your own! Early detection can save your life! I was so sorry to hear about Monte McGaughey's passing. He was a great guy. I didn't see him that often, but we did run into each other a few times over the years. I will miss him and pray he had a safe trip to heaven! Keepin' It Real! -David

see you down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment