Wednesday, July 12, 2017

June 20th, DAVE at the Chianti Room - It was a nice hot afternoon out on the porch. You should come by to check out the best happy hour in town!

June 21st, Travel Day - We left about 12 pm. Our first stop was Sun City SC to have an early dinner with Margie. After a wonderful lunch and some laughs, we got back on the road. This trip we let our GPS guide us and actually made real good time. We arrived at The Reeves' at about 11pm. We unpacked the car and headed to bed. We will see George and Deborah for morning coffee.

June 22nd, DAVE and George at JJ's Canteen and Eatery - What a special place.  You don't find many places around like it.  It's a gas station, a convenience store, a restaurant and music venue, all in one, on the side on a mountain. George and I had a nice crowd and we had a good time. I met Randy Lanier who sat in with us on percussion. We are looking forward to the Songwriters Night on Saturday at this same venue. We also had a visit from Debbie James. That was a surprise! Thanks Joel and staff! Earlier in the day, George and I met in his studio before we had lunch. I showed him a tune I was working on. We threw a couple of ideas around and left it at that.

June 23rd, DAVE and George at Mica's - This was my first time here. An outdoor restaurant, bar and music venue. They do it all around here! We had a great night until the rain came. We tried to move our stuff forward to keep playing but the rain started blowing in sideways. George and I met in his studio in the afternoon continued on with our ideas got a verse or two, an idea for a chorus and maybe a bridge. I don't know if it's going to be a song before Theresa and I head home, but it's a good start.

June 24th, Songwriters Night at JJ's Canteen and Eatery - I met with George in the afternoon, we got the arrangement together I think we have all the lyrics for the verses and chorus. I think we did it again. "The Ink Has Dried" is born. We were to tiered to go any further had to rest for the gig tonight. If we have enough energy we will lay a ruff track of the song down tonight when we get back. We got back and recorded the song thanks George another on bites the dust!This was the first time they ever had an event like this at JJ's. It went great.  We had a nice crowd. Tina Eno and Jon Zachary joined George and I.  We played our music for the folks for two hours. It was a great success. We talked with Joel about doing the same thing again in October. Thanks again Joel and staff!


June 25th, Travel Day - We left about 6:30 am like thieves in the night. As soon as we got off the mountain we put in a CD and listened to the new Besley/Reeves song "The Ink Has Dried". The trip back was uneventful and drove straight thru. We arrived home at about 3:30 pm. We had a great time, but it's good to be home.

It was a wonderful trip, good music, great food, good friends, mew song, talks about life and rain, it was a good time had by all. George and Deborah were great hosts as always. Deborah fed us, as  always, some of the best food you'll ever eat. We return sometime in October.  I will be counting the days for this trip. Thanks for letting me live my dream! Stop texting, start talking! Don't liter! Smile it could brighten someones day, even your own! Early detection can save your life! Listen to my two new videos "Change The World" and "Living In My Head" on YouTube and also check out my music on Spotify! Keepin' It Real! -David

see you down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment