Monday, June 12, 2017

May 22nd and 23rd - OFF

May 24th - Travel Day to the Northern Neck of Virginia for Memorial Day Weekend. It was a long nasty trip. It rained most of the way. I drove almost the entire trip. Theresa took over at  exit 9 on 295 in Virginia. She took us in and did a great job driving in the rain on those country roads. We left home about 11 am, had a stop in Orange Park (nightmare in the rain), then  arrived in the NN at 1:30am. We were glad to get out of that car and call an end to that drive. It was good to be in the Northern Neck though!

May 25th, NorthStar at Coles Point Tavern - The rain held off for my morning walk. Theresa and I had some coffee with Chris and Ann, then headed down for the load in. What a great first night! Ed sounded great. We had a great crowd and the weather stayed nice. Great times with the Tavern Nation! I sang "To Love Somebody" for Creeky. Not Frankie, but it was the thought that counts. Thanks for the ride home Joel!

May 26th , DAVE at Coles Point Tavern - My father and Margie came out to see me.  Also Harold Wiggins, a friend I went to school with.  He was in chemistry class with me and Jim Miner at old Fairfax High School. There was a great crowd. Later Ed, Randy Scott and Rick of the group Ethyl played in the back room. They sounded great. Thanks for the ride home Joel!

May 27th, DAVE at Coles Point Tavern - It was a great Saturday playing to a full house. Beth Grant, a friend from Fairfax High School showed up to hear me play. I had a blast, day three went great! Thanks for the ride home George!

May 28th, Northstar at Coles Point Tavern - Thank God Theresa is back! I had a fun time playing with brother Ed as always. The cookout at the Rowzee's was awesome. It was good to see Donna and Bill. When I finally got to the gig, I was surprised to see Vickie and Tom Barringer. It was nice to get caught up on some of our old friends and hang out. Thanks for the ride home Theresa!

May 29th, DAVE at Coles Point Tavern - It was the last day and I'm good and sick. It still has been a blast.  I can't wait to get back in September. Fred Stapleton and Bruce Looney showed up.  It was good to see them. It turned out to be a great afternoon and I always look forward to hanging out a bit after loading the gear. We played a little Keno and chatted  with everyone that hung around!

May 30th, Travel Day - Theresa drove through one hell of a rain storm, but with Brianna and Braylen leading the way, we made it through. What a week, it was good to get home!

It's always nice to hang out with my friends in the Northern Neck. Thanks Chris, Ann, Mike and Sandy, Randy, Joel, Richard, Barb and all the other great folks to many to name. Thanks for letting me live my dream! Stop texting, start talking! Don't liter! Smile it could brighten someones day, even your own! Early detection can save your life! Check out my video's on YouTube, "Change The World" and "Living In My Head". Also my music on Spotify! Keepin' it Real! -David

see you down the road!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment