Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Monday, 6/13 - The Big Lonesome had a rehearsal.  Worked on a couple of Wayne's tunes and another that Gregg wrote the words for.  Frankie couldn't be there, but we got some stuff done anyway.  Bob is sounding better and better.  He's a very talented player.  Practice next week then a gig in Georgia.

Tuesday, 6/14 - A great night in the land of 44 TV's (The World Famous Oasis).  I had a good time and look forward to being back here on my birthday, June 28th.  Talked with Greg, the owner a little.  I might start doing a couple of other things there.  I'll keep you posted.  Thanks Lisa, Drews and Amy for taking such good care of me.

Wednesday, 6/15 - Sat down with Jim Stafford at Eclipse and fixed a couple of parts in a few tracks (Love's Strange and On The Road To Find Out).  I'm getting closer each trip to completion.  Next CD I'm going to cut all at once.  This is the hardest way to make a CD (a little at a time), but it will be done as soon  as humanly possible.  Thanks for your patience.

PM - I got a little overheated loading the equipment in at Captain Stan's.  Felt a little strange all night!  Ed held it together and it tuned out to be a great night!  Thanks Stan, Beth and staff, you guys make our trip behind the magic fence very enjoyable.

Thursday 6/16 - Had a nice evening at The Corner Bar.  Not a real big crowd but respectable.  Gregg Chirico (Mr Natural and The Big Lonesome) stopped by.  I'll see him next Monday at rehearsal.  Thanks Nick and Nanna, you guys are the best.  Also we'll be changing the time on Thursday's gig to 6-9pm.  See you there!!!!

Friday 6/17 - Frankie was with NorthStar (Ed and myself) tonight at Latitude 31.  The weather looked pretty bad when we started, but there were a lot of people so we decided to chance it.  We got a couple of hours in, then the shit hit the fan.  What a storm!  Thank goodness we didn't lose any equipment.  I would like to thank Peggy and her friends for coming out (South Caroline and Indiana).  They heard me about 6 months ago on the Island and came back!  Thanks also to Theresa and staff for taking such good care of us.

6-18, SeaJay's - It's always good to play this gig.  Tonight was as good as it gets.  Had a great crowd and met some great people.  I got to play a lot of my songs.  That really makes it special!  Thanks Tommy and staff you guys are the best!

Had a fantastic week!  Looking forward to getting together with The Big Lonesome on Monday.  I'm going to check out a couple of new rooms today.  Not real busy at the beginning of the week so I'll try to get into the studio a couple of times.  But then have a twelve day run...playing every night.  I'm excited, Matt Abts (Planet of the Abts, Government Mule) is bringing his band to our show in Virginia.  He has also requested to sit in with NorthStar (Ed, Frankie and myself), can't wait!  Thanks everyone for letting me live my dream!  Keepin' It Real - David

see you down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment