Saturday, May 21, 2011

5-17 Cuban Corner - Went to say goodbye to Curtis Hands.  There were a lot of people there.  Some I haven't seen for awhile.  He was a good man and he'll be missed.  If you can't stop doing what you are doing please at least be as careful as you can be.  I don't want to cry another tear for such a senseless loss.  Good luck on your next adventure Curtis!

5-18 Eclipse - Jim and I worked on "On The Road to Find Out".  I added a guitar part and we cleaned it up some.  Also mixed the intro that I wrote for "One The Road To Find Out".

5-19 Captain Stan's - What a great night!  With all the worries I had today, I was frazzled to say the least!  This was a fantastic night.  There was a great crowd.  To have the owners sit and listen all night is unbelievable.  We all sat down and had a nice steak dinner at the end of the gig.  Booked some more dates, what a great place!  Thanks Stan and everyone, you're the best!

5-19 Another good night! This is my last gig of the week.  The next thing is practice with "The Big Lonesome" on Monday.  I will get some work done around the house and get some of my music projects  finished, or as close to done as possible.  Thanks Mike and Nick you guys are great!  Thanks Kruz for helping out!  It was great to talk to Pat Murphy.  I hung around for a few tunes, he still sounds great!

I am sad for everyone that Finnegan's Wake closed.  I really enjoyed playing there and hanging with all the great people who worked there.  I'll miss you all and only wish the best for you all.  Thanks Finnegan's Wake, see you down the road.  Thanks for letting me live my dream! "Keepin' It Real" - David

see you down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment