Sunday, December 19, 2010

Monday, 12/13 "Sushi with Gregg Chirico" - I treated Gregg to sushi. It was his belated birthday present. It was good to spend some time with my friend.

Wednesday, 12/15 NorthStar @ Capt. Stan's - These are such nice people. I mean everyone that works here. I don't mind traveling a little when I play for folks like this. It's worth it! It was cold and not too many people, but we played good, and as always, had a great time!!! Thanks Capt. Stan, Beth and staff. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy Year! See you in the new year! And thanks Ed, you did great!

Thursday, 12/16 AM Eclipse - Singing some tracks today, then starting to put all the tracks together to see what we have. I'm excited about nearing the end of this project, Hopeless Romantic. Then we can start concentrating on NorthStar's, Keepin' It Real CD.

12/16 PM - "Just Dave" @ The Corner Bar - It was a good first gig! Not packed but had a few people show up. Felicia and staff seem real nice. See you guys in two weeks (Thurs,12/30 5-8pm). Come and check the place out. Use to be the Comedy Club next to Gypsy Cab, St. Augustine.

12/17 - NorthStar @ Zachry's - Ed and myself had a great night! The crowd was really into it. We've know the owner for years. This is one gig I hope works out. We want to do well for good people.

12/18 - Christmas Party - Once again the event of the year! Great food (especially my favorite crab dip), great people, great time! Looking forward to next year...you know who you are!!!

I was having a beer with Shane and Karen after my last gig at Finnegan's Wake, they're always very supportive of my music and always let me know how much they enjoy it. When Shane said "Dave, you're entertaining like everyone else that plays here, but what makes you different is that you're doing it with mostly your own music". I was never more proud. If I had a choice to be a great singer, a great player or a great writer, I'd choose the later. I was 13 when I finished my first song that my sister thought would make me a big star. I'll never forget that feeling and everytime someone requests one of songs, it happens all over again. Even after all these years, somethings just don't change. Keepin' It Real -David

see you down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment