Tuesday, July 20, 2010

7-13 Hurricane Patty's, Those Guys - Barry was out of town so Chris filled in. We had a good night overall. Played some tunes we don't play much anymore. Thanks everyone for coming down. Thanks for the Rum cake Jim!

7-14 Oasis, NorthStar - We had a blast! Ed, you did a great job. I really enjoyed playing with you. We introduced a new song The Bunny Man Blues. Looking forward to our next gig together.

7-15 Eclipse - Going into the studio today. Ed is going to put a guitar track on Lets Go Fishin' and sing The Battle of New Orleans. I'm going to put a bass track on Lets Go Fishin'. Both songs will appear on our new upcoming CD Keepin' It Real.

Later: The studio work went great! We got everything done we planned for. Also, my friend Chuck sent a great guitar part to me for See You Later, So Long. Good job Chuck

Oasis, "Those Bones" were filling in for "Those Guys" this gig - The night went good! Rick and Long John really helped us get to the finish line. I've not worked with either of these guys before, but would do it again. Frankie, you are a real pro also! Overall it was a great night! Sorry if there were folks that didn't enjoy the night. I know that everyone on stage did the best they could. Well done guys? Or bones?

7-16 Eclipse - I'll be in the studio with Chris this morning. He's going to lay down a bass track on Love's Strange. A song we co-wrote together. It will be Track #1 on my new CD!

7-16 Villas by the Sea, Driftwood Bistro, Jekyll Island, GA - I was a solo gig and I had a great time! Did a lot of new tunes Poor-dum, Love, The Bunny Man Blues. Thanks again for a great time, Augusta, Dan, Pam and staff. You were great. Hope to see you again soon.

7-17 Ed and I got together and worked up The Bunny Man Blues and our own versions of a couple covers.

NorthStar, Dave and Ed - RAH Bar at the Wharf, Jekyll Island, GA - We had a good night. A lot of our old friends showed up. Thanks for the great time!

In closing, this has been a good week. Got some tracks done for the new CD Hopeless Romantic. Also, got some work done on Keepin' It Real (NorthStar). I got to play with a bunch of people and had a great time! Looking forward to next week and then the Virginia trip (NorthStar)next weekend and we'll be joined by Jim Miner. "Keepin' It Real" —David

see you down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment