Thursday, August 27, 2026

July 23 -  July 26, 2026 - Theresa and I went out of town for a few days day. We did an overnight in Cedar Key to see how it's coming back since the hurricane. We saw our friends March and Jody, the new and improved Big Deck (it's looking great), we had a couple of hot dogs and drinks at the L&M. We booked a room at the Cedar Inn for ole time sake. We ate at the 2nd Street Cafe/Steamers, and had a couple of drinks at the Island Hotel Neptune Bar. We drove to Holmes Beach on Anna Marie Island the next day and stayed a couple of days with Chuck and Dara. We were their first guests since the hurricane hit them. We all met up the with Bill and Barb Bartow's to have dinner and listen to some music. I don't remember the name of the place but the food was excellent. We also ate at Duffy's, twice we love this place and their burgers. We had breakfast at the Island Cafe where you can sit on the beach, it's great!  Our last night Chuck cooked us dinner, jerk chicken, mashed potatoes and a mango black bean salad with grilled vegetables was what was on the meu.. We had a nice time getting shells and swimming in the Gulf of America. Thanks Chuck and Dara, what a great couple days.

July 27 Retrophonics Studios - I got a track on "Roll The Dice" and touched up "The Moment #24" which will be my 2nd release from my new project Leftovers

July 28 OFF - I started a new tune inspired by Dan Bagan "The First To Go".

July 29 Carpetbaggers DAVE, Frankie and Tony at Hurricane Grill and Wings - We had a nice hot evening at Hurricane's. Mike Houpt stopped by for a bit it was good to see him, got his transplant and he looks good.

July 30 Bagan and Company - Dan and I worked on a new YouTube music site for me. We also released a first mix of "The Moment #24".

July 31 DAVE at  - Aunt Kate's - The weather looked pretty threatening so I postponed until next Friday instead (August 7th). 

August 1 Carpetbaggers DAVE, Frankie and Tony at Hurricane Grill and Wings - It was a nice evening at Hurricane's, the bad weather held off. Thanks Abe, Albert, Slim and staff you guys are the best!

August 2 DAVE at Aunt Kates - The weather wasn't so friendly this afternoon, the rain did come. I'll be here next Friday and give it a little extra. Thanks Brian, Dave & Dave also the wonderful staff!

August 3 Retrophonics Studios - Johnny Medico was in doing drum track on "Roll The Dice" and "Virginia Pines". We sent Kurt Johnston 3 tunes "Virginia pines", "Circles" and "Believe In Somebody". I can't wait to hear what he comes up with. Jim, Johnny and I decided which way we are going to head on "The Best Of Times".

August 5 Carpetbaggers DAVE, and Tony at Hurricane Grill and Wings - Frankie wasn't feeling well so it was just Tony and I. They were calling for a bad storm so we set up under cover, but the rain never came. We had a great night! It seemed like more people were listening than talking that's always special. Thanks Abe, Albert, Sim and staff you guys are the best!

August 6 Bagan and Company - Dan and I worked on layout for DWB 2010-2020. We are also looking into some ideas that will get our music to more ears.

August 7 DAVE at  Aunt Kate's - I called Brian earlier in the day to cancel thinking it looked like it was going to be a rain out. I was wrong and I'm glad I was convinced to go on and give it a try. Thanks Theresa! It turned out to be a great day out on the porch by the water!

August 9 DAVE at The Boathouse - It was a nice afternoon. See you back here September 13th, 11am to 2pm.

No Retrophonics or Bagan and Company this week. I will be back at it next week. Thanks for letting me live my dream!!! Keepin' It Real! -David

see you down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
check out my upcoming performances here:
http://davidwattbesley.blogspot.com/p/schedule_31.html

Carpetbaggers Band 

The North Star Band

No comments:

Post a Comment