Tuesday, August 10, 2021

July 27th - I had a night off to go out on the town with Theresa, Wayne and Sue. We checked out some restaurants and pubs around town, Dog Rose Cafe, Odd Birds, Black Fly and Pelican Pub. All nice places however our last stop was Pelican Pub where we met with Jeff, the owner. This will be one of our new venues for Carpetbagger's Thursday night gig.  The Corner Bar is under new ownership and will be closed for a face lift. Please come check us out! I think your going to like it!

July 28th, Carpetbaggers DAVE, Sue and Tony at Hurricane Grill and Wings - Cancelled!

July 29th, Carpetbaggers DAVE, Sue, Tony and Frankie at Corner Bar - We had a great last night! We will be at the Pelican Pub next Thursday, come check it out 6 to 9 pm.

July 30th, DAVE at Aunt Kate's - Brian threw me a bone this week when I realized I wasn't working, he gave me a gig. I had a blast on the porch by the water.

August 1st, I had another day off and Theresa had just gotten back into town so her Brianna, Braylen and I went out to Mellow Mushroom for dinner to have some pizza and listen to One Good Ring a band that brother Ed is in.  It's a dead style band and it was Jerry's birthday, they were great.

One Good Ring

August 2nd, Retrophonics Studios - Jim's mastering machine was down so we worked on "This Land Is Your Land" a song The Big Lonesome recorded several years ago. I hope to post it soon so ya'll can hear it. It brought back some great memories.

August 4th, Carpetbaggers DAVE, Sue and Tony at Hurricane Grill and Wings - We had rain the whole time except set up and break down. We had a nice little crowd for as nasty as it was. Thanks Abe and staff you guys are the best!

August 5th, Bagan & Co.- Dan and I finished the orders for my new "LIVE And A Little Touched" project. We should finished up this week - can't wait!

August 5th, Carpetbaggers DAVE, Sue, Tony and Frankie at Pelican Pub - What a great night! I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as the Carpetbaggers did. Thanks Jeff and staff! You guys are the best!

Carpetbaggers at Pelican Pub

August 6th, DAVE at Aunt Kate's - The rain stopped me just as I started! Welcome to Florida! I will be back here this Sunday from 1pm to 5pm a little extra to make up for the rain out. 

August 7th, Carpetbaggers DAVE, Sue, Tony and Frankie at the San Sebastian Winery -It was the day from hell that went right on through to the gig. After setting up and being rained on, re-setting up with most of the stuff working okay we did our show. My hat goes off to the great folks I'm playing with they are true pros. We ended up having a great night in spite of all that was going on.

August 8th, DAVE at Aunt Kate's - I had a nice hot late afternoon gig out on the porch by the water. Thanks Brian, sorry you're not feeling well. Dave, Tina and staff you guys are the best! 

Looking forward to maybe finishing "This Land Is Your Land" a Big Lonesome recording, and getting the rest of my tracks for "Say Grace" our 3rd Carpetbaggers project. Also see where we are on "Back Again" the new and 2nd Carpetbaggers project. Looking forward to getting together with Dan Bagan at Bagan & Company to try to finish up "LIVE And A Little Touched" my new solo project. Thanks for letting me live my dream! Keepin' It Real! -David

see you down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
check out my upcoming performances here:
http://davidwattbesley.blogspot.com/p/schedule_31.html

No comments:

Post a Comment