Tuesday, April 25, 2023

April 10th, Retrophonics Studios -  I laid down another new tune "Hour Glass" also started a mix on "I Feel Love". Jim did a great job, the tune is going to sound great. Good job Sue, Tony, Frankie and Woody.

April 12th, Carpetbaggers DAVE, Sue and Tony at Hurricane Grill and Wings - We had a nice evening. The weather people were calling for rain but it held off. A friend of ours Debbie fainted and had to be taken to the hospital, we heard she was going to be okay. Thanks to the rescue folks as well as the police,  and firefighters, they are all much needed in these crazy times.

April 13th, Bagan and Company -   Dan and I got the CD cover done for Poor-Dum. We'll order next week and hope we can finish the inserts. 

April 13th, Carpetbaggers DAVE, Sue, Tony and Frankie at The Beacon -  It was a great night! It rained like cats a dogs but didn't seem to slow our crowd down. See you in two weeks same time same station.

April 14th, DAVE at Aunt Kate's - What a beautiful evening. There was a cloud hanging right over me while I was setting up. But, by the time it was time to play it was blue skies as far as you could see. Nothing better than being on the porch by the water!

April 15th, I had no gigs today. Theresa and I went to one of Braylen's baseball games. Their first loss of the season, first 8:30 am game too. Later that day Theresa, Braylen and I met Sue,Wayne, Mel, John, Suzy and Dan at Shaughnessy's to support  Al Johnson, my bandmate from The North Star Band and R.J. Larizza who were playing there. Al and I played a couple of the old original tunes "Redneck Hippie" and "Goose Creek".  We also did "Back To L.A." with R.J.

RJ, Al and Dave

Al and Dave

April 16th, Gamble Rogers Festival- 1pm Sue, Mel and DAVE 4:30pm The Carpetbaggers We had a real nice day at The Gamble Rogers Festival Sue and Mel were great at the workshop I was proud to hang with them. The Carpetbaggers show went great after I got my back up guitar, my main guitar would not work at all. Thanks Frankie, Sue and Tony you guys pulled me through!
Carpetbaggers Dave, Frankie Sue and Tony on stage at The Gamble Folk Fest

I had a good week packed  full of  music. I have another new song ready for the studio next week called "This Fool". I'm also going to be mixing my new solo CD Poor-Dum.  Hopefully I"ll be at Bagan and Company to do more work on The Big Lonesome Rides Again. Thanks for letting me live my dream!!! Keepin' it Real!!- David

see you down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
check out my upcoming performances here:
http://davidwattbesley.blogspot.com/p/schedule_31.html

Carpetbaggers Band

The North Star Band  



No comments:

Post a Comment