Saturday, September 22, 2018

September 5th , DAVE at Hurricane Grill and Wings - Not happening, they are closed for cleaning. Sorry I didn't let anyone know, I didn't know myself! I was off the week before.

September 6th, DAVE at the Corner Bar - What a great night! We had a wondeful crowd, what fun it was playing with Brady and Frankie! It's good to have at least one gig at home before I leave.

September 7th, 8th and 9th, DAVE at the Big Deck Raw Bar - We always look forward to this weekend. The weather was a little iffy but still had a great time playing for the folks that braved the elements. Always good to see my friends Pat and Pete! They might see Theresa and I back at the end of the month for a night out with Brian and Darlene! Thnaks Cedar Key I'll be back to play at the Big Deck on November 9th, 10th and 11th. Mark your calenders!

September 10th, NORTHSTAR AT Creekside - The weather looked threating so I guess it kept some folks home. Brady was in the house but not playing. He's just back from a dental procedure. A light crowd for probably our last monthly NorthStar gig. I had fun playing with Frakie and brother Ed.

September 11th, Retrophonics Studio - I worked with Jim Devito on some old 2" tape and 1/4 "tape recorded by "The North Star Band" (a band I played in from the late 70's - early 80's).  It is exciting to hear 40 year old songs, even an album we did not release. I've also enjoyed hanging out with my old friend Jim Devito. I hope to be doing more work with him in the future!

September 11th, Back 40 - Theresa and I had dinner with Michael and Joyce Howard. It's good to catch up with our friends at this nice place to eat. We're going to do it again in November.

September 12th, DAVE at Hurricane Grill and Wings - It turned out to be a busy, fun night. I miss JJ.

September 13th, DAVE at Corner Bar -  Brady Green joined me tonight. We had a pretty nice crowd. I always enjoy playing with my friend Brady. Hopefully, Frankie will be back next week.

September 14th, 15th and 16th, Shrimp and Grits Festival, Jekyll Island - Friday night George and I played a show at the Skeet Stage. We had a lot of fun. It was good to be hangin' with George again. Saturday we were NorthStar and opened for Jimmy Hall & Art of Soul. Our show went well. We had Frankie, George, Eddie, Brady and I representing tonight. Jimmy Hall is a monster, really enjoyed listening to him, such a pro. It was also good to see Derek, Tommy, Phil and Barry they were Jimmy Halls back up band. They are all great players, it was enjoyable listening to their show. Sunday Eddie, George and I joined Jefferson Ross in a songwriters in the round. It was good to hang with my friend Jefferson, what a performer! Eddie played a new tune he's been working on, it sounded great. George did a great job also. The whole weekend was a blast! Thanks Eddie

I was sad to hear from Michael Howard about the passing of Randy Brantley. I was proud to share the stage with him at one of our songwriter nights. Also saw him at Mayo Clinic. We crossed paths on our visit there. He was a good man. Thanks for letting me live my dream! Stop texting, start talking! Don't liter! Smile it could brighten someones day, even your own! Early detection can save your life! Keepin' It Real!-David

check out my upcoming performances here:
http://davidwattbesley.blogspot.com/p/schedule_31.html

see you down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment