Monday, September 17, 2018

August 29th, Virginia Trip - As was the plan, we spent the night in Fayetteville NC. After many years of driving straight through to this gig, we enjoy breaking the drive up. We had a nice dinner next door and a good nights sleep.

August 30th, Coles Point Tavern / Day 1- After a 6am breakfast we hit the road again. We stopped at the Food Lion in Warsaw for a couple of provisions on the way in. We arrived at the Tavern about 11:30am and started the load in. Randy showed up with the mains and we did a sound check and were done by 12:30. Theresa had headed farther north to see her sister and mom up in NoVa. Randy will be my ride until Theresa gets back up here. I'll be staying at  Chris and Ann's for the long weekend. I had one of the best grilled chicken salads ever for dinner, and the night turned out great, one of the best Thursday's yet for me.  It dosen't get much better than this! My friends Cecil and Richard showed up.

August 31st, Coles Point Tavern / Day 2 - I finished my book today. I'm glad I brought three.  I'll have a bunch to give Marcia when I get back. The gig was good, all the usual suspects are showing up now. I had a nice time. I played "To Love Somebody" for Creeky out on the deck on my way back to Chris and Ann's. Cecil and Richard showed up again.

September 1st, Coles Point Tavern / Day 3 - Another relaxing day on The Rivah. Second day, second morning walk. Napped and read the day away.  Randy picked me up about 5:30 to head over to the gig. This night I had a nice Steak and Cheese salad and another nice gig. Donna Britten showed up and sang a song with me "I Can't Help Falling In Love With You". She sounded wonderful. She and I also sang 'To Love Somebody" for Creeky at the end of the gig out on the deck. Donna will be playing in Pensacola for a songwriters festival in October.  She'll be doing a special tribute to our friend CJ Watson, a great songwriter friend who recently passed away. I had a couple beers with Chris and Josh at the house after the gig. Cecil, Richard and Bruce showed up!

September 2nd, Coles Point Tavern / Day 4 - Another relaxing day on The Rivah. The weather has been hot and clear perfect for being on the water. I took my morning walk then met Randy and we had breakfast with the Rowsee clan at Salisa and Steve's. It was great. Read and relaxed after that great meal. Randy picked me up again and we headed to the tavern for one of Chris's famous crabcake sanwiches,  all crabmeat! I had another great night! Cecil was is the house again! I'm glad Theresa is back! Soon after she arrived Richard knocked on the door with some crabs for her.

September 3rd, Coles Point Tavern / Day 5  - I've had a great time this week but I'm ready to play this last gig and get on the road and home for a few days before we go over to Cedar Key. My dad and Margie showed up on this last day. I had a nice crowd and a fun afternoon. I packed up the gear, and we said our goodbyes and hit the road. We made Fayetteville NC about 9pm. Time for some sleep.

September 4th, Travel Day - Up at 6am for the breakfast buffet and back on our way. We made it home about 1:30pm. Man, it's good to be back home. I unloaded the car and repacked the truck then called it a day.

This is a week I always look forward to, I get to play music for my friends. I get a chance to relax and read. Theresa gets a chance to visit her family in Northern Virginia. I get the chance to see my Dad, Margie and Cecil. I missed Ed. We were so sorry to hear about the tragic event that took place in his familly and the loss of my Uncle Bob. My Uncle Bob was a great man, I admired him a lot. Thanks for letting me live my dream! Stop texting, start talking! Don't liter! Smile it might brighten someones day, even your own! Early detection can save your life! Keepin' It Real! David

check out my upcoming performances here:
http://davidwattbesley.blogspot.com/p/schedule_31.html

see you down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment