Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sunday, May 22, Just Dave @ Zaharias - What a great afternoon.  I'll be doing some more gigs here in the future.  A great place, great people.  Thanks Angelica, Holly and staff.

Monday, May 23 Rehearsal with The Big Lonesome - Productive rehersal, we started a new tune that Gregg and Wayne wrote about our last road trip to Virginia "Juke Joint Down on The River".  It sounds great.  I'm excited about it.  I also jammed with our new guitar player Bob.  What a monster.  Robin's work driving a truck keeps him real busy.  He'll add on to some of our gigs but can't commit to a full schedule.  Welcome aboard Bob!  Good luck Robin!

Wednesday, May 25 AM, Eclipse - Jim and I started mixing "Love's Strange".  I'm excited we're closing in on "Hopeless Romantic".  Jim Carrick stopped by and heard the cut we were working on and gave me a thumbs up.

PM,  NorthStar @ Zachry's - We had a pretty good crowd early but it died off quick.  One of Ed's students sat in on a couple of tunes (Iris), she did a good job.

Thursday, May 26, Just Dave @ The Corner Bar - It was an okay evening, not real busy.  There was a couple of good things to come out of the evening though.  Kruz sounded good! And my good friend and old band mate Brady Green stopped in for a bit.  I really was surprised!  This man is one of the best players I have had the pleasure to know.  I was so proud to have him sitting in the room.  Thanks Brady. Thanks everyone for coming out.

Friday, May 27, NorthStar @ Latitude 31 -  We had a blast.  Got a little rain on the very last song and got everything packed away without damage.

Saturday, May 28, Just Dave @ Rah Bar - It was a nice afternoon.  There was a breeze blowing.  There were a lot of people there.  Made some new friends.  Thanks Ed and Kristen for being great host's to Theresa, Penny Lane and myself.  I am proud to say I know and play with you Ed.  Brady called while we were on our way home to say how much he liked my "Believe These Eyes", CD.  It was so good to see him on Thursday at The Corner Bar.  He says we'll be seeing more of him.  That's good news!  We also crossed paths with Wayne Johnston on our way home.  We both pulled into the Pilot for gas.  It's good to see my fellow band mate "The Big Lonesome".  I hope his gig went well at SeaJay's.

Monday, May 30 (Memorial Day) The Hacker's @ Hurricane Pattys - What a great time.  Walt had the night off and Kurt Johnston stepped in.  Kurt, you did a great job!  It was just one of those nights.  Thanks to everyone on stage, you played your hearts out.  Thanks everyone for supporting The Hacker's.  See you next month.

I will be out of town this week, traveling to gigs in Virginia and Rhode Island.  When I get back I'll have a new CD.  David Watt Besley "Those Years".  It's a double CD that has the 4 Those Guys CD's I sang, played on and wrote or co-wrote the songs for (digitally re-mastered).  There are 42 tracks.  I'll be selling them for $15 at gigs.  $20 by mail (includes shipping).  I'm going to concentrate on finishing my new solo CD "Hopeless Romantic" and the NorthStar CD "Keepin' It Real".  I'm also looking forward to getting into the studio with "The Big Lonesome".  We are close to having enough songs to complete a CD.  Wayne will be introducing 3 of his songs next rehearsal.  I heard them and they're great!  We'll be heading up the coast a few times this year to Virginia.  If you have any stopping points you would like to us to play at along the way, please contact us at 912-635-2924 or contact us at acemusicians.com.  Thanks for letting us live our dream.  Keepin' It Real - David, NorthStar and The Big Lonesome

Also on Thursday, June 2, singer, songwriter, Darryl Wise will be playing in my spot at The Corner Bar from 5-8pm.  Stop by and check him out!

see you down the road

No comments:

Post a Comment