Thursday, June 9, 2011

Tuesday, May 31, Travel Day - The drive north was pretty uneventful.  Had a problem finding a room when we decided to stop for the night.  We finally got one in Petersburg, VA.  Headed further north in the AM and picked Eddie and Kristen up at Dulles, then headed to the cabin in the mountains.  Hurray!!!!

Wednesday, June 1, NorthStar @ Lucky Star Lounge in Front Royal, VA - Only a few people were in the place while we were setting up.  We had a couple of beers and got up to do our job.  By the time we were tuned up to play, there was a nice crowd.  I miss and love my home state and it's so good to see my people getting into the music we are doing.  I would like to thank Trevor, Liz and Tim for taking great care of us.

Thursday, June 2, The Cabin @Hardscrabble - Had the day off.  Drank a few beers, helped Ed with the mowing and just enjoyed being up in the mountains.  Started getting an idea for a new song.

Friday, June 3, NorthStar @ Giuseppe's, Haymarket, VA - We didn't have our best night playing (we tried a new effect on the monitors and it didn't really work for us), but what a great crowd.  My good friends Pat and Sandra Markham stopped by.  My Dad, my uncles and aunts, Randy, Jason, Rev. Jim Jones and a heap of other special people.  Randy hung out with us for a couple of days.  Can't wait to play his concert in July.  Frankie Urzetta has added on for this show.  Denis and Ray from Kill Devil (Phoenix Project) came by and sat in.  Man, this was my  favorite band when I was living up in Virginia.  I am so proud they stopped by.  We talked about doing some shows together.  I hope that works out.  Last of all the great people at Giuseppe's, Joe, Josie and staff.  Thanks for a great night!  Happy Birthday Fred and Eddo (6/2)!!!

Saturday, June 4, NorthStar @ Pete's Party - Pete, Eddie's Uncle put on a hell of a house party up on top of the Hidden Valley Mountain.  We shared the night with Eddie's Uncle Mike  (the old coyote) and his wife Debbie.  Had a blast!  I think it will really take off in the future, Pete was a great host.  Thanks to the folks who showed up.  We had a great time!

Sunday, June 5, Just Dave @ The Gray House Party, RI - What a great time Marc and Chris did a great job.  This was a great experience for me.  To play for a group of people that want to hear what you have to say is very intense.  I love it!  At home I have great friends that keep pushing me to keep writing and playing my music.  It's times like this day that it pays off.  This is what it's all about.  I look forward to the chance to do this again.  Thanks Marc and Chris, you are my heros.  Also, thanks Andrew you did a great job and you were a great host.

I'm proud to be a singer, songwriter. I'm going to write and play my music for as many people as I can in the years to come.  Thanks Ed (NorthStar) for your friendship and your great playing and singing.  You're an inspiration to me every time I sit down to play next to you.  Thanks to every one else who supports my music.  You are a big part of helping me live my dream.  "Keepin' It Real" - David

see you down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment