Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wednesday, 4/27 "JUST DAVE" @ Capt. Stan's - Ed was still up in Virginia so I did this gig solo.  It was fun, but I missed Ed though.  We'll be playing at the Gamble Fest on Sunday, hope to see everyone there.

Thursday, 4/28 "JUST DAVE" @ The Corner Bar - It was great to be back in town at The Corner Bar and playing for my friends.  I heard Darryl Wise played in my place last week, I'd have loved to see him!  It's going to be a busy week!  I'm ready!  Thanks Mike, Nick and staff!

Friday, 4/29 "JUST DAVE" @ SeaJay's - Turned out to be a great night!  The "no-see'ems" were out a little bit.  I was thinking that my big yelllow fan is going to come in handy for a couple of reasons as summer approaches.  Thanks Tommy and staff!

Saturday, 4/30 AM "JUST DAVE" @ The Gamble Rogers Folk Festival - I did a solo show on the Arrivas Stage.  I was a little tired but after the first song "Upside Down", I found my groove.  I had a great time.  Thanks Tommy for the sound.  The most people I've ever played for before at the festival.

PM "JUST DAVE" @ SeaJay's - Got setup and got going again.  It was a nice crowd, met a lot of new folks.  Really enjoyed myself.  Thanks Tommy and staff!  After loading out, I thought I would go hear my partner Ed (Wharfratz) at Latitudes, but changed my mind (I'm glad).  It's going to be another early show tomorrow.

Sunday, 5/1 AM "NORTHSTAR @ The Gamble Rogers Folk Festival - NorthStar was the first act on the Demesa Stage.  The sound system was being run by Jim Stafford and partners.  There wasn't as many people for our show as I had the day before, but it was still a blast.  Jim, Gary and Tom, that was the best system I've played through that I can ever remember in all my years.  Great job guys!  Great job Ed!  Saw some great ole friends (musicians).  Hope to be a part of this event next year.  Thanks Bob Patterson.

PM "JUST DAVE" @ Zachry's - I got back to Georgia about 4pm after leaving the Gamble Fest and going to visit Jim Dunaway at the rehab center.  I set up and had a good night, not real crowded but the owners and a few folks had a good time I hope.  I like this place!  Thanks Barbara, DJ and staff!

Monday 5/2 "JUST DAVE" at doctor's appointment - My yearly physical produced a clean bill of health.  Still need to lose weight, but my blood pressure has gone down since the end of September. The change saved my life!

Had a busy long week, but what a blast!  Maybe I'll do something like this again in the future. I think we have a pretty good run coming up in Virginia sometime soon.  I made a lot of new friends this week.  I got to touch bases with a lot of musician friends I haven't seen in awhile.  Taking a few needed days off. I will be back at it Thursday.  Thanks for letting me live my dream.  "Keepin' It Real -David

see you down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment