Monday, January 1, 2024

December 11th, Retrophonics Studios - Jim, Johnny and I worked on "Life Goes On". Next Tuesday we hope to tackle "Rocket" and then it's going under the headphones for Jim and finishing it up. I'm excited.

December 13th, Carpetbaggers DAVE, Tony and Frankie at Hurricane Grill and Wings -  We had a great rainy, windy, chilly night at Hurricane's. We missed Sue but somehow made it through. Tony and Frankie kicked butt!

December 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th and 18th,  Ellijay, GA - Theresa, Brianna, Braylen & I spent the weekend in the mountains of Georgia with Wayne and Sue.  As always a lot of fun, R and R and some exercise climbing those mountains. We did a drive-in movie, a first for Brianna and Braylen. Braylen also ice skated for the first time.  A great time was had by all. 

December 19th, Songwriters Night at The World Famous Oasis Tiki Bar - It was really cold for Florida. I didn't really know what to expect as far as an audience. It turned out to be a great night. Great job by Douglas and Michael. See you back here on January 16th with a different line up and the time will change to 6pm to 8pm. Thanks Oasis and staff for having us!

Douglas, Dave, Michael and Bob

December 20th, Carpetbaggers DAVE, Sue, Tony and Frankie at Hurricane Grill and Wings - It was good to get back playing with the band. It was a nice night although we had to set up under the tent.

December 21st, Bagan and Company - Dan and I ordered inserts for Poor-Dum and worked on our first idea for the release of "I Feel The Love". 

December 21st, Carpetbaggers DAVE and Sue at The World Famous Oasis Tiki Bar - We had a great night! Good to see a lot of familiar faces in a new setting. Thanks for your support! We'll be beck January 4th!

December 22nd, DAVE at Aunt Kate's was cancelled - I talked with Brian and we decided the weather was not my  friend today. We were wrong  because I think it turned out to be an okay evening. Sorry but it's hard to second guess mother natures. See you December 29th weather permitting. 

December 25th, Merry Christmas! - I finished another tune "Ride Like The Wind". I have four more to lay down at Retrophonics Studios and one more I co-wrote with Tony Scozzaro for The Carpetbagger's.

December 27th, Carpetbaggers DAVE, Sue, Tony and Frankie -Hurricane Grill and Wings - It looked like rain so we set up under the roof. It was a great night! It was good to hang out and make music with my band mates. See you same place next year!

December 28th, Bagan and Company - Dan and I worked on "Live and A Little Touched" fixed the times. We also are coming up with some ideas for my soon to be released "I Feel The Love" a song from my new Poor-Dum project.

December 29th, DAVE at Aunt Kate's - I went down there and stood where I would be playing and there was a steady cold wind blowing. Cancelled! Later Theresa and I went to Jim and Sheryl's it was a lot of fun.

December 31st, DAVE at Aunt Kate's -  Sunny day, I had a nice afternoon out on the porch by the water! Happy New Year everyone! See you next year!

This has been a great year with all kinds of fun. I'm looking forward to 2024 with new original music from me and the band. I can't wait to get into the studio New Years Day to work on Poor-Dum, the new solo project I've been working on. Thanks for letting me live my dream!!!   Keepin' It Real! -David

see you down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
check out my upcoming performances here:
http://davidwattbesley.blogspot.com/p/schedule_31.html

Carpetbaggers Band 

The North Star Band 



No comments:

Post a Comment