Friday, September 15, 2023

August 21st, Retrophonics Studios - Jim and I worked on mixing "Rocket" and then laid down a new tune I just finished called "Darkness". I'm excited about the outcome. It turned out better than I thought, Jim had some great ideas about how to produce it.

August 22nd, Carpetbaggers DAVE, Sue, Tony and Frankie at the Beacon Listening Room - It was a great night! Come by and check out Taco Tuesday with The Carpetbaggers.

August 23rd, Carpetbaggers DAVE, Sue, Tony and Frankie Hurricane Grill and Wings - We barely got the show in. About 7pm a big cloud came up and let loose. Things were just getting fun but welcome to Florida.

August 24th, Travel Day to Hague, VA with Frankie at our tail.

August 25th, We made it! Theresa and I went out to dinner with Randy, Acie and Barbara at the Backdraft. 

August 26th, DAVE, Eddie and Frankie, Celebration Of Life for Mark Mitchell - It was a nice celebration for Mark Mitchell. Donna and Bill did a great job organizing it for him. Mark's brother was very nice. We were proud to be a part of this. 

August 27th, DAVE, Eddie and Frankie at Coles Point Tavern - It was a fun afternoon at the Tavern, a lot of friends and family made there way there to see us. It was great to see my Dad and Margie (Eddie's mother), along with my Uncle Charley and Aunt Debbie.

August 31st - September 5th, DAVE at Coles Point Tavern - I always look forward to these shows. It's great to play for all the folks in the Northern Neck. It was great to play with my old bandmate from Ludwell Newton Kevin Ball and his wife Lucille. We performed an original song "Powder Nose Rosie". that we were playing 37 years before. I would like to thanks Chris and Ann for having me come up and play for all these years, they will be moving on in January. You guys are the best! I wish only the best for you both. Hopefully see you in May!

Dave and Kevin

I am a lucky guy!! I get a chance to do what I love and get paid for it too! Thanks for letting me live my dream!!! Keepin' It Real! -David

see you down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
check out my upcoming performances here:
http://davidwattbesley.blogspot.com/p/schedule_31.html

Carpetbaggers Band

The North Star Band 

No comments:

Post a Comment