Tuesday, February 4, 2020

January 27th, Retrophonics Studios - Jim and I worked on the mix for "Juke Joint By The River" a Big Lonesome tune written by Gregg Chirico. We have "To Tore Up" another Gregg Chirico song left to rough mix until Frankie gets the other tracks. I'm looking forward to getting George, Sue and Tony to help us finish the tracks.

January 28th - Wayne, Sue, Jim, Theresa and I went to se Robert Earl Keen Jr. at Ponte Vedra Concert Hall. We met at Aunt Kate's for dinner before show. Good time, great music!

January 29th, Carpetbaggers DAVE and Sue at Hurricane Grill and Wings - George was out of town and Brady was late getting into town to take George's spot so Sue and I were on our own. It was  a pretty nasty night so we were in the tent. We had a nice crowd, I had a good time hangin' with Sue and making some music.

January 30th, Carpetbaggers DAVE, Sue, Frankie, George and Tony at the Corner Bar - We had a packed house again. We were joined on several songs by the great Bill Mullen on sax. It was Rudy's birthday, Jim and Sheryl couldn't be there but they dropped off a few rum cakes. It was a blast! See you next week!

January 31st, February 1st and 2nd, DAVE at Aunt Kate's - First night I set up outside thought I could beat the weather, but I had to set up again inside (bad i-deer). It was quiet but nice, hoping the weather will get better for Saturday afternoon. Saturday was not much better, there were a few more folks though. I got to chat with Michael Howard who was playing after me. Sunday the weather still was bad, sunny but windy and cold, so I set up inside. I had Mike and Andrea from the Short Change Band stop by, it's always good to see my music friends.

I hope to keep moving on "The Big Lonesome Rides Again" at Retrophonics studio with Jim DeVito. Also I  will be at Bagan and Company with Dan Bagan finishing up our flash drive package for "Don't Stare At The Sun". Thanks for letting me live my dream! Stop texting, start talking! Don't liter! Smile it could brighten someone's day, even your own! Early detection can save your life! Talk about the good things that are happening, there's enough people talking about the bad! Keepin' It Real!- David

see you down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
check out my upcoming performances here:
http://davidwattbesley.blogspot.com/p/schedule_31.html



No comments:

Post a Comment