Wednesday, October 23, 2019

September 11th, Travel to Virginia  - I'm scheduled to meet up with the members of The North Star Band.  I played in this group with these same guys years ago.  We are getting back together to release an old album we recorded but never was released along with 10 new songs.  Theresa and I left about 12:30 pm arrived in Fayetteville (our half way point) about 8pm. We had dinner at Ruby Tuesdays and then to bed.

September 12th, Dad and Margie's - We were up early and after breakfast headed for my Dad's. We arrive in Burke around noon. This is where we will stay for the night. It' was good to hang out with my Dad and Margie. We listened to the rough tracks of a CD George and I are working on. Can't wait for tomorrow!

September 13th, Gantt's Studio, Silver Spring, Maryland - We met around 1pm. Theresa and I had talked with Lou and he had a room close by with an extra bed, so we decided it would be better to just drop me off and I would room with Lou for the weekend instead of Theresa driving me back and forth from Northern Virginia.  Lou and I arrived at Gantt's about 1pm and thats when the work started. Paul was a little late, he got caught in traffic. We had already begun to work on the new songs, there were going to be ten total. I picked "Goose Creek" and "Whistle Blow" for my two. These were songs I played in the band back in the day but never recorded. It seemed like the right thing to do. We worked for about 10 hours on the songs we would record the next two days. Man it was great hangin' out with these guys. It was long and hard work but I loved it! After we finished up Lou and I headed back to the room. It was a great day.

September 14th and 15th, Tonal Park Studios and Travel Day - We spent 24 hours in 2 days recording. I was so tired on the way back home but it was a good tired. Everyone busted their ass, I am so proud to be a part of this project. Jim and Gantt are going to put everything together and get back with us. Long live The North Star Band! We also did a radio interview with Weasel, that was a blast! Thanks Charlie Pilzer for letting us record in your studio and Sophie Adams for all you did to help. After getting a few background vocals recorded Theresa and I headed for Fayetteville N.C. and arrived about 1:30 am for a few hours sleep.

September 16th, Travel Day and Songwriter's Night - We had a quick breakfast and headed home.We arrived home about 1:00pm. I had a chance to shower and rest for an hour or so, then went and set up for our monthly songwriter's night at the Corner Bar. We had a great night Dewey and Chelsea we great. Bob and I have had a great time hosting this event every month. Come check it out it's the 3rd Monday of every month.

September 17th - OFF

September 18th, Retrophonics Studios - George was in town so he was able to join me at the studio this week. We went through our tunes with Jim Devito. We are mixing now!

September 18th, DAVE at Hurricane Grill and Wings - I had Sue and George with me tonight. what a blast. I'm looking forward to this winter!

September 19th, IAUGI Studios - George is still in town so Dan took pictures of George and I for our new CD "Don't Stare At The Sun" . We talked about the CD layout.

September 19th, Carpetbaggers band at the Corner Bar - Tonight it was Tony, George, Frankie, Sue and I. We had a great crowd and played some good music. What a night!

September 20th, 21st and 22nd, Jekyll Island Shrimp and Grits Festival - NorthStar and the Carpetbaggers - We had a great weekend making music with all our different combinations. Thanks Eddie Pickett for organizing everything including your playing. What a great couple of week!

Looking forward to a week at home. Thanks for letting me live my dream! Stop texting, start talking! Don't litter! Smile it could brighten someones day, even your own! Talk about the good things that are going on with you and the world, there's enough people only talking about the bad! Keepin' It Real! - David

see you down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
check out my upcoming performances here:
http://davidwattbesley.blogspot.com/p/schedule_31.html





No comments:

Post a Comment