Wednesday, June 1, 2016

May 24th - DAVE at Coquina Beach Surf Club - It was a nice evening. Starting next week I will be setting up and playing outside.

May 25th, DAVE at Hurricane Grill & Wings - George and Deborah Reeves were back for a short stay. He sat in with me tonight and played acoustic guitar. I also had a visit from Barry and Lydia Dunaway! A fine time on the sidewalk this week.

May 26th, Travel day to Virginia - Theresa and I left about 4 am for the Northern Neck. Pretty smooth trip. We had some fun with "Traveling Dave" on the way. Cheapest gas was our fill up down the street in St. Augustine (that's a first). Arrived about 4 pm. Theresa took one of Randy's vehicles and headed for Northern VA to visit her family for a couple of days. I had dinner at the Back Draft with Randy, Mike Rowsee, Joel, Richard and Barbara. It's always good to see Jay and Annie. The food was great! Later headed down to The Tavern for a couple beers.

May 27th, DAVE at Coles Point Tavern - The first of 4 gigs. Woke up and did a walk, then went down to set up for the gig. It's nice to play at places where the folks know your music (Cedar Key, Jekyll Island and Cashiers NC included). It was a great time as always. Chris, Ann and staff were the best. Thanks Chris and Ann for putting Theresa and I up and putting up with us. Cecil Tarman was in the house! Stopped by and saw Matt's band Lickity Splitz play at Tim's!

May 28th, DAVED at Coles Point Tavern - Up early and did my walk. I went by Scott's old house where we used to stay (The Hackers, The Big Lonesome & NorthStar). I also walked by Rick's house (Yoko Says No & Ethyl), then headed for Coles Point Marina to see Donna and Bill. We made plans to do some writing but both of us are pretty busy, I hope it works out. A nice afternoon reading, relaxing and I started a new tune. The night was a blast! Crab Cake sandwich was unbelievable!

May 29th, DAVE at Coles Point Tavern - I had another nice walk. I did some reading. Theresa's back from her visit. We went to The Rowsee's for a cookout before I played. Thanks Mike, Sandy and Randy! I had a blast playing an afternoon gig! My family was in town too! We missed Margie, she was under the weather. Later started the night with Ethyl (Ed, Scott, Rick & Randy). We did Folsom Prison, Hardscrabble and Goose Creek. Cecil was in the house!

May 30th, NorthStar at Coles Point Tavern - Spent the afternoon with brother Ed. What a nice way to finish a wonderful weekend! Hit the last note and headed down the road (Theresa, Brianna, Braylen and I) We arrived safe at home about 6 am.

I would like to thank Chris and Ann at Coles Point Tavern for taking care of us. Also Randy Watts, he is the reason we are here. Thanks for letting me live my dream! Stop texting, start talking! Don't litter! Smile it could brighten someones day, even yours! Early detection can save your life! Keepin' It Real! -David

see you down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment