Tuesday, January 6, 2015

I would like to start out this 2015 newsletter by remembering my friend John Shelton Irwin Jr.  He passed away on December 14th, 2014. We played in bands together over the years and wrote several songs together. Shelton was a great talent and a real inspiration to me. I will think of him every time I play our songs! My heart goes out to Jean and Trip! R.I.P. Shelton!

January 1st, DAVE at The Corner Bar - I'm was still a little shaky but with the help of my friends, George Reeves and Laurence Stevenson the show went on. We also had help from Ron Norris and Rick Levy. Thanks for sitting in! Kruz also was there and did a nice set. I would like to thank George Reeves for sharing some of his tunes with us! The Fernando Dancers were in rare form and the Bunny Man was hoping'! Great night!

January 2nd, DAVE at Aunt Kate's - It was a little chilly so I set up inside. Brady Green and John Winters sat in! It's always a blast to hang out with these two. My brother Will got up and played a couple "Hardscrabble" and "With a Little Help From My Friends".  He did a great job! What a special night!

January 3rd, DAVE at Aunt Kate's - A nice afternoon. It doesn't get much better than hanging out on the inner coastal playing some music! My friends Barry and Lydia Dunaway hung out for the afternoon. I can't wait to get back in Cave Canim Studios with Barry and RBR Studios with Dave Johnson to finish up "Mr. Song To Evil People",  my upcoming CD. Jimbo Manion (Road Ducks from Virginia and Molly Hatchet) paid me a visit as well. It was good to see my friend and I hope we get a chance to do some shows together in Virginia this year.

January 4th, DAVE at Harry's - The weather was threatening but I set up anyway. Laurence Stevenson was with me. We got a set in before it started to rain! A short night at Harry's! Thanks Laurence, I will see you at The Corner Bar on Thursday!

It's good to be back playing! I would like to thank everyone for you prayers and support! Looking forward to 2015! Thanks for letting me live my dream! Stop texting , start talking! Keepin' It Real! -David

see you down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment