Monday, September 23, 2024

September 9th, Retrophonics Studios - Jim, Johnny and I worked on our plans for adding musicians to the songs for Project #6. We will concentrate on Tony's guitar and Sue's violin for the next few weeks. Johnny and I still have some things to do, Johnny has a percussion track to do and I have vocal and acoustic guitar tracks. After that Jim, Johnny and I sat in the studio and played around with a song I started "Color Blue" which turned out to be "Color Me Blue". I had started the idea with an up-tempo feel which with my partners on this song turned into a medium tempo feel. It wasn't planned but Johnny went to the drum machine set up a mic and ran a line to my guitar. Jim sat down at the console and we started laying down the tune. It is my second co-write with Johnny Medico and after over 30 years I now have a co-write with Jim DeVito, a proud moment.

September 10th, OFF - Started on a new tune.

September 11th, Carpetbaggers DAVE, Tony and Frankie Hurricane Grill and Wings - We had a nice evening under cover, the weather was nasty but we had a nice crowd. We missed Sue.

September 12th, OFF - The new tune is called "Life Without You".

September 13th, 14th & 15th, DAVE at The Big Deck - DAVE I had another great weekend in Cedar Key at The Big Deck. We missed Darlene!

Dave at the Big Deck in CK

Cedar Key, FL is a beautiful place.  Please visit.

It's been a great week! Looks like this rain is going to be moving out. Hopefully we will have a sunny dry week. Thanks for letting me live my dream!!! Keepin' It Real! -david

see you down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
check out my upcoming performances here:
http://davidwattbesley.blogspot.com/p/schedule_31.html

Carpetbaggers Band 

The North Star Band 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment