Tuesday, September 6, 2022

August 15th, Retrophonics Studios - We laid down a track, vocal, guitar and drums on "Harpoon Sadie", a new song I just finished writing. Also added Rusty Springfield's bass and bowed bass parts on "The Last Rhyme". He did a great job!

August 15th, Songwriter's Night at Pelican Landing - I had fun, Katherine and John were great! Bob as always never missed a beat. I tried my new song "Harpoon Sadie". See you guys next month September 19th. Thanks Jeff and the great folks at Pelican Landing for giving us a place to hold this event!

Dave, Bob, Katherine and John
photo by Charlotte Moore

August 17th, Carpetbaggers DAVE, Tony and Frankie at Hurricane Grill and Wings - Sue was out of town so Frankie joined us this night. The rain stopped us at 7pm. Thanks to all the folks that braved the weather and stopped in to see us.!

August 18th, I finished up a new tune "The Answer". I can't wait to cut it next week at Retrophonics Studios with Jim DeVito.

August 18th, Carpetbaggers DAVE,Tony, Frankie and Rusty Springfield at Pelican Landing - We missed Sue but Rusty did a great job. We now refer to Rusty as the 5th Carpetbagger.

August 19th, Carpetbaggers DAVE at Tides Oyster Co - Sue was out of town. Frankie was suppose to be joining me on percussion but his car wouldn't start so I did my one man show. It was a blast!

August 20th, Theresa and I went to Bluffton S.C. to have lunch and visit with my Dad and Margie. It was a long but fun day. 

August 21st, DAVE at Aunt Kate's - I had a great afternoon! It rained but only hard enough to stop me for about 10 minutes. 

It's been a great week! We missed Sue! Looking forward to the studio this week! I have a new tune to record "The Answer"! Thanks for letting me live my dream!!! Keepin' It Real! -David

see you down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
check out my upcoming performances here:
http://davidwattbesley.blogspot.com/p/schedule_31.html

Carpetbaggers Band

The North Star Band 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment