Tuesday, January 28, 2020

December 23rd thru 25th - I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

December 26th, Bagan and Company - Dan and I worked on a flash drive package for our new release "Don't Stare At The Sun",  this is the way things are going I guess. Also talked about finishing "Midnight Blue" a song that will appear on our "Live and a Little Touched" CD/DVD.

December 26th, Carpetbaggers (DAVE, Sue, Tony, George and Frankie) - Corner Bar We all had a blast! The place was packed everyone sounded great. We had rum cake from Bunnyman Jim for Wayne and Sue's birthdays! Thanks everyone for supporting Carpetbagger's Music!

December 27th, DAVE at Aunt Kate's - The weather looked pretty bad but I set up outside anyway. I got a surprise visit from Brady Green and Doug Hyde (The Dougernaught). Ya'll should come check out this great place! See you next weekend!

December 28th, Carpetbaggers (DAVE, Sue, Frankie, Brady and George) at Creekside - Always a great time with this bunch! The rain ended the gig a few minutes early but still had a great time.

December 29th, Carpetbaggers (DAVE, Sue and George) at Creekside - What a blast! We were inside because the weather was still pretty nasty. I really enjoyed the evening.

December 30th - Theresa and I went to Sun City to hang out with my Dad and Margie, we had Braylen with us. It was a long day making the drive to South Carolina and back in one day, but it was worth it to see my folks but really good to be back home too.

December 31st, Joe and Elaine's -  Theresa and I along with Jim Grimes stopped in at Joe and Elaine's.  They were having a New Year's Party. A lot of familiar faces, they had some great snacks and what a view! Thanks Jim Grimes for taking us there and back. Happy New year everybody!

January 1st, Carpetbaggers (DAVE, Sue and George) - Hurricane Grill and Wings -
What a great night! We had Lou and Diane Hager stop in from California. I played with Lou in The North Star Band in Virginia in the late 70's. It was a real surprise to see him and his wife walk up. We hope to go see them at the end of February. Also Alex Richman stopped by she is a great singer-songwriter I have had the pleasure to share the stage with. Also Rick and Ann showed up. We played "I Want To Stay Here" for Ann. Rick is one of the finest guitar players I have met. Overall it was a great night!

January 2nd, Bagan and Company - Dan and I worked on a new layout for my CD display. Next week we are going to work on the completion of "Midnight Blue" for my "Live And A Little Touched" project.

January 2nd, Carpetbaggers (DAVE, Sue, George, Frankie and Tony) at Corner Bar - The place was packed! We had some special guests, JR Roberts, Duffy and Chris also a flute player from Key West. A great night of music once again. See you next week!

January 3rd, DAVE at Aunt Kate's - I had a nice evening out on the porch by the water. I was sorry to hear Brian isn't feeling well, I hope he gets better soon. The evening was a lot of fun, I'm hoping the weather will hold for the rest of the weekend.

January 4th, DAVE at Aunt Kate's - It didn't, nasty weather so I set up inside! Had a few people.

January 5th, DAVE at Aunt Kate's - A little under the weather today looks like its going to be a little chilly, and it was. There were a few brave souls out there but I wasn't one of them. I set up inside and had a wonderful afternoon. I met some new folks, Mike and Joyce Howard stopped by, it was their 43rd anniversary. Mike is a talented singer songwriter I have known since the late 60's in Virginia. It is always great to see my buddy, congratulations you guys! Also Bill Mullen stopped down, he and Alice are back in town so get ready for some Sax! Thanks Brian, Dave, Tina and staff, you guys are the best!

Looking forward to continuing on with "The Big Lonesome Rides Again" tracks with Jim DeVito at Retrophonic's. Also getting some more done on our "Live And A Little Touched" CD/DVD with Dan Bagan from Bagan and Company. Thanks for letting me live my dream! Stop texting, start talking! Don't liter! Smile it could brighten someones day, even your own! Early detection can save your life!
Talk about the good things that are going on around you, there are enough people talking about the bad! Keepin' it Real! -David

see you down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
check out my upcoming performances here:
http://davidwattbesley.blogspot.com/p/schedule_31.html



No comments:

Post a Comment