Monday, June 7, 2010

6-1 Tuesday, Those Guys at Hurricane Patty's - We had an unbelievable night with The Hackers, sometimes that slows the next day down a little. We still had fun. Nobody was in that great of shape vocally or physically. We worked real hard and we got the job done the best we could.

6-2 Wednesday, NorthStar at the Rah Bar, Latitude 31, Jekyll Island, GA - Wayne Johnston and myself headed up to Jekyll to play some music with my brother Ed (our group is called NorthStar). The weather was a little rough at first but we hung in there and everything turned out alright. We had a good gig and made some money for the American Red Cross. Everyone was real nice, it was a fun gig. Later we stopped down at the Villas. Ed, Wayne and myself, we had a sandwich and a beer and shot the shit a little. Then decided to head on home. Everyone got home safely from the road gig. It felt good to get out of town. I'll be doing that more often in the future. It's the way it's done. It can't wait!

6-3 Thursday Those Guys at Oasis - We had the whole band this night. Still not in good voice but, the guys kicked in and the night went good. Barry, good luck on your gigs with Jimi Jamison. We will be here when you get back. We have a couple of different line ups for the next couple of days. Should be interesting. Today I got back in the studio to mix some on my new efforts "Hopeless Romantic" and NorthStar's, "Keepin it Real". This is what it is all about for me. Writing and making new original music. I can't wait for everyone to hear it!!! Got a new idea, that is a good sign, that means that all of the projects and the bullshit stepped aside for a minute and let me think of something new to say. I think it's the trips out of town in the next few months that will produce some new music. I can't wait!

6-4 Friday Those Guys Shaughnessy's Sports Grill - We had a good night. Marty and staff are great! It was a little bit of a different sound. I liked it.

6-5 Saturday Those Guys Shenanigans - It's our first time in here under the new name. Everybody was great! I mean really great! Good job Kurt!! (Barry's in Chicago with Jimi Jamison)

6-6 Sunday Those Guys Finnegan's Wake - We had a good time! Kurt seemed a little tired (he said he only had a couple of hours of sleep), but he came around quick!Walt and Kurt were a lot of fun to hang out with and play! Thanks Deb, great job!

In closing, it's been a rough week. My voice was giving me a hard time. somehow made it through and looking forward to next week. I missed Barry, but Kurt did a great job. I will be meeting with Jim Stafford this week to decide what we need to do to get solo CD #2 "Hopeless Romantic" completed. Thanks everyone for coming out to support our music!!

see you down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment